Crazy rhyme!

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Eniar, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I heard this really funny rhyme at a birthday party the other day, and I decided it needed to be SHARED WITH THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So here ya go:

Early in the morning late at night
    Two little boys got up to fight
    Back to Back they faced one another
    Pulled out their swords
    And shot each other
    The deaf policeman
    Heard the noise
    And came and killed
    The two dead boys
    If you don't believe
    This is true
    Ask the blind man
    He saw it too.

*Maniacal laughter*

2. for some reason i don't get it?

please explain jynx!

3. By jove, it's brilliant!

4. ang0224: It's contradicting everything it says. Early in the morning late at night can't happen at the same time, they were back to back when they "faced" each other. They shot each other with swords. The deaf policeman herard the noise. He killed the two dead boys. The blind man saw it too. Get it? It's hilarious!

Argent: Isn't it, though? This has to be my favorite rhyme in the universe!

5. Interesting and brilliant at the same time. Good job on the countering rhymes, these are actually good.

6. Thanks, Lycan. I didn't come up with it, though; my friend told it to me at her b-day party. I'm just sharing it's absolute brilliance. =D

7. Ah, yes, quite brilliant, it is. Never heard it before, but that's probably related to the general non-englishness of the current and previous whereabouts of my existance.

8. I totally remember this, although i learned it a bit differently, when my best friend and I were in kindergarten her uncle told it to us and we were enthralled with it for at least two years.

We were pretty easily entertained ^^"

9. Yeah, I am too for the most part. Simple girl, simple pleasures. ^^

10. i've heard it too, though it was men, not boys, and "one fine day in the middle of the night"

ehheee i like it to this day :3

11. Yeah, she said it had a couple different versions. She couldn't remember the others, though. ><

12. its strange how it differs in other regions etc :3

13. It is. :)

14. I've seen it like this, too:
    One fine day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords and shot each other.
    One was blind and the other couldn't see,
    So they chose a dummy for a referee.
    A blind man went to see fair play,
    A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

A paralysed donkey passing by
    Kicked the blind man in the eye,
    Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
    Into a dry ditch and drowned them all.

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    And came to arrest the two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this storyÂ’s true,
    Ask the blind man; he saw it too!
    I love this; itÂ’s always so much fun and it makes me laugh.
    Ashe

15. O.O That was so much funnier than the one I heard! *Runs to write it down and share with friends*

16. Haha! D:
    There are so many versions circulating though. If you google "two dead boys" or probably "two dead men," you'll find a bunch more that you've never seen before. It's really kind of interesting.
    Ashe

17. Its a pretty famous poem and so people have come up with their own versions of it lol.

I once had a book that had the original in it, though i do not own it anymore.

18. That's awesome. I've never read the original ... Or if I have, I didn't know it. Of course, there are so many ones out there claiming to be the original anyway that I'd be skeptical even if it said it was the original. D:

19. I like it alot! Now post in my threads or I will come to your houses and beat you with ferrets.

20. oh god its been forever! i sue to love that poem i had it in my "jokes for kids" book... it wasn't a very good book for little kids a poem in it was called " little willy shot his sister"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.