Constellations

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Junsui, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <font color='698AAB'>Well, considering Pen is the Astronomy teacher, I'm starting to mold together a string of constellations.

However, unless nobody else wants to help out, I don't want to subject everyone to something ONLY I made. [​IMG]

So, check out the constellations I've already got going and decide if you want to add some!

To add some, I'll need the following:

The name of the constellation
    Back story/myth
    When it is visible (time of year AND the hemisphere)
    How many stars, what size, and their names

I'll make/remake all the images, so it looks the same, but if you want to e-mail me some images of your constellations, PLEASE do! [​IMG]  (PM me for my e-mail, if you can't find it elsewhere. )</font>

2. <font color='#FFFFFF'>Ah! The mouseover! That's so spiff. [​IMG]

I'll see if I can think of some. Yeah. ^_^</font>

3. <font color='698AAB'>hehe!  I'm so glad somebody likes it!

I was going to have two images, one of the outline and names and everything, and one of just the constellation, so people could see both, and not get frustrated (since, obviously, there aren't any red lines in the sky&#33[​IMG] and then realized a mouse-over'd save space. [​IMG]

Gaaah.. homework is calling me.. *stares at it loathfully* Diiiie..  ^^;</font>

4. <font color='#FFFFFF'>Homework.. right. [​IMG] I should do mine too. Or I could just keep putting it off and attempt to get it all done during my spare tomorrow morning.  Gak... I'll do half now and half then. There's the plan.</font>

5. <font color='698AAB'>LOL, putting it off sounds good... *twiddles thumbs and whistles innocently..*   [​IMG]

..Oooh! *looks at her books* You  [​IMG] piece of  [​IMG] homework!

*cackles* Hey.. finally found an excuse to use the cute ticked off smilie! XD</font>

6. <font color='698AAB'>Oh! And I almost forgot; yes, credit will be dually given. [​IMG]  Right now, it says that the constellations are mine, but that's because the only one there is the one I made. LOL!

If/when everyone donates a constellation, I'll give credit at the top of the page, and in the description of each constellation that's theirs.  [​IMG]</font>

7. <font color='#CCCCCC'>Hm...that sounds good. I might try to think of some contellations later :P Ooh...*got an idea for a Rapine one*</font>

8. <font color='#FFFFFF'>Right... here goes. Feel free to alter things, 'cause astronomy isn't one of my thingies. =);;

Name: Ujksek Nish
    Meaning: Arctic Myth

Back story: The queen of the northern world, Ujksek was sent by the Gods to rule over the coldest parts of Ramath-Lehi. She blessed one of each creatures with their own "powers", to suit with which parts of the frozen atmosphere they lived in.

Visible: Mia, Nothern Hemisphere

Position: Howling female, tail raised
    Number of stars: Nine
    Names, smallest to largest with translation: Taaj (Seer), Veja (Fire), Kluf (Claw), Hyga (Hope), Tgejes (Spirit), Femsaj (Winter), Kjigs (Crypt), Rlatt (Bless), Tsjamdsh (Strength), Medhs (Night)</font>

9. <font color='#32CD32'>I'm willing to make some too! I have an old Lycos site I might attempt to use (I only used it for image storage), but I won't have the comp that I take to school this week, so I'll have to put the text in here.

I also have a few ideas, that we could use colors for the star types, you know, red to yellow to blue to white. Since I'm not going to explain in detail, I suggest you look around for info.

My other idea is that I was going to include stars from known constellations, except that thier postitions will be skewed and the stars wil probably be much further apart than we see them from Earth. One example is Orion's belt.</font>

10. <font color='#A8A8A8'>can't think of any at the moment, but i do have a question: with the presence of constellations, would there be some sort of Ramathian zodiac?</font>

11. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (LizardHead @ Mar. 02 2003,4:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>can't think of any at the moment, but i do have a question: with the presence of constellations, would there be some sort of Ramathian zodiac?</font></td></tr></table>
    <font color='#32CD32'>I dunno, it sort of depends on the culture I guess and most or all Earth cultures have had a zodiac of some kind I think, so it could work. However it's pretty much depends on Spectras say.</font>

12. <font color='698AAB'>*pokes Spec* So, whatcha think of a Ramathian zodiac? *grins*</font>

13. <font color='#CCCCCC'>Uh oh...don't tell me, if we have a Zodiac we're going to have horoscopes. Yup, just look at a paper and see how your life's gonna turn out [​IMG]</font>

14. <font color='#FFFFFF'>We could try something zoadiac-ish... I think that "reading" the stars should be limited to a select few. That way if you wanted to have a glimpse of what your possible future could turn out to be, you'd have to work at trying to track someone down that knew how to read the stars.</font>

15. <font color='669900'>hey sounds awesome!</font>

16. <font color='698AAB'>*giggles* Well, Astrology is a trade! *points*

So now, we just gotta figure out how many, what constellations, etc.

And do you guys like Eastern astrology or Western Astrology?

Eastern (One personality trait for every year, month, day, and hour) would probably work best with the Ramathian calendar. (Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Rooster, Monkey, Dog, Pig + five elements: water, earth, wood, fire, metal)

...LOL, I like astrology. I'm not obsessed.. really! XD</font>

17. <font color='#32CD32'>I agree that Eastern Astrology, which is also known as Chinese Astrology. Or you can think of it as Asian astrology. Anyway, the point is that it could work well because of the elements that are involved and theres some yin-yang type stuff in thier magics too I guess.</font>

18. <font color='#8D38C9'>ooooh!! I got an idea for a constellation!1 I got the idea from DragonHeart though.

Name: Pujdym
    Meaning: Dragon in Ramathian

Back Story: Along time ago, when true dragons existed, they had a legend that, when a powerful and famous dragon died, its body turned into stars and went up in the sky. Soon, the last of the Dragons died, and while all the other Dragon's stars vanished(though you might be able to see them) The last Dragon's stars are the clearest and easiest to find of them all.

Visible: Dyo, Eastern Hemisphere

Position: Dragon with wings outstretched, looking downward.

Number of Stars: Ten

Names, from left to right(with translation): Femdt(wings), Telamka(Silence), Tgeca(Spike), Haujs(Heart), Tcell(Skill), Emsalledamka(Intelligence), Nutsaj(Master), Ladamp(Legend), Lyts(Lost), Lymali(Lonely).

I have a picture, but I have no where to put it so I can Show it...</font>

19. <font color='#FFFFFF'>Hm.. Andy/Captain drew a dragon constellation. She's been sick all this week though. c.x I'll see if I can get her to upload it. I think it's pretty similar to what you described though.</font>

20. <font color='#8D38C9'>Aw man...hmm...maybe I'll change the description around a bit...</font>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.