Character Registry

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all. Just letting you know that the http://shadowlack.com/characters.phpCharacter Registry</a> has been recoded from scratch. The old search form has been canned and there's now a feature that allows you to "filter" characters. It's pretty and you should definately check it out. :] As always, let me know if you come across any bugs or errors.

Also, about suggesting new features... You're all welcome to suggest things to be added (to the site or forums) in the http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showforum=89Suggestion Box</a>. There is no guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented, but I can guarantee that it will be at least considered. :]

On that same note, if you're interested in trying to create a new playable species, I cannot stress this enough: be original. I'm not about to add a new species to the site unless it completely floors me (mainly because there isn't a great need for new playable species at the moment, and I have rather high standards for this site). I think that this should go without saying, but presentation counts. Ideas presented in a logical manner, grammar, spelling, etc.

Another update that got lost in the rollback: there's now a "bumping" option in the Expressions forum. You can bump your topics/portfolios if they haven't had any new replies in a week or so. Hopefully people find this useful.

Now for something completely different. Okay, not really different. As you know, or perhaps don't know, Kat (Stormwing) is on spring break. Wish her a happy time! So I'm running a solo show at the moment. Sorry if character applications, emails, affiliate requests, etc. are slower than usual. (Kind of busy with my own life at the moment too, woo that.)

2. rawr. Thankyou for the update ^^

I'm on spring break too, fwee! =D

3. Eep. Thankies, Jods. I have some scattered ideas aboutb a new species that've stemmed from some threads of mine... I think that with the flood of ideas that are coming in, I'll contribute as well, and see if I can piece my shattered fragments of thought together.

4. my spring break is from the 13-24.
    The Car Show at the Jacob Javitz center is from the 14-23.
    I love my life. Character registry is working fine on my screen. No errors to report here.

5. Yeah thanks, more updates the better. Just have to finish this week for my break, then tests when I get back :(

6. Cool! It looks great now. It's a good idea to have the avatars.

Break ended two days ago. The Commonwealth games are good and all, but they stuffed with our holiday! Oh well the Foxtel coverage was good.

7. *took the being floored thing as a personal challenge* Must...think...of ...most awesome species...ever....*ploops out a ferret/pendragon wannabe thing* Hm....Ill have to work on it...

8. I HAVE THE BEST IDEA FOR A NEW PLAYABLE SPECEIS!!!!

9. Sometimes I get the feeling that people don't even read the news. Nng.

10. Oh I love the Character Registery it's so much funner to use then before! *Randomly enters things in to see what characters come up*

Eeek, my character species isn't up to scratch...

Speaking of character species, I was wondering, if I wanted to make a... merdragon? Of sorts. Would it be a Lukuo? Becuase, it would be very... uh... mutated. Majorly. I mean, fins are pretty, well. Different.

11. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Inked Frost @ Mar 28 2006, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh I love the Character Registery it's so much funner to use then before! *Randomly enters things in to see what characters come up*

Eeek, my character species isn't up to scratch...

Speaking of character species, I was wondering, if I wanted to make a... merdragon? Of sorts. Would it be a Lukuo? Becuase, it would be very... uh... mutated. Majorly. I mean, fins are pretty, well. Different. </td></tr></table>
    http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1079http://shadowlack.com/persona.php?id=1079</a>
    You can copy and paste parts, if you'd like. ^^ No prob.

12. i read the news!!!

13. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Mar 28 2006, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sometimes I get the feeling that people don't even read the news. Nng. </td></tr></table>
    eh, sorry was that me?...I read it...*creeps away sheepishy*

14. Mmmmm

News.

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Inked Frost @ Mar 28 2006, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Speaking of character species, I was wondering, if I wanted to make a... merdragon? Of sorts. Would it be a Lukuo? Becuase, it would be very... uh... mutated. Majorly. I mean, fins are pretty, well. Different. </td></tr></table>
    What do you think an Aquabat is?

16. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Mar 28 2006, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Inked Frost @ Mar 28 2006, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Speaking of character species, I was wondering, if I wanted to make a... merdragon? Of sorts. Would it be a Lukuo? Becuase, it would be very... uh... mutated. Majorly. I mean, fins are pretty, well. Different. </td></tr></table>
    What do you think an Aquabat is? </td></tr></table>
    ^^

17. *purrs*

Mmm.

News is yummy.

And go read about my new species.

18. Just because Jodie's tired of being the bad cop, I'll step in and be the bitch for a change...

We're actually not really looking for new species. In fact, this news post was sort of meant to discourage people. So, really, unless you spent a whole lot of time and come up with something totally original, please don't submit. We're actually really anal about this kind of stuff.

Just to be sure, this was NOT directed at anyone in particular. It just needed to be said, what with this new trend about making up species.

19. I almost feel partially to blame for it <<;

Ummm.. has anyone else noticed how well the Character Registry resembles a date finder.

Age, Racial Profile, Gender, etc >_>

20. hehe anal... me n my pal laughed about that word today *randomness*

but that character reg is kick ass! i like the options and its so much quicker to find them now *thumbs up* well done dudettes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.