Blind player/ writer.

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by Sightless, Mar 23, 2016.

1. I may have posted this originally in the wrong area, so I’m trying again. As the title and my name indicate, I’m completely and totally blind. I am interacting with this site thanks to a screen-reader. Given that, and given that I’m kind of new to the whole play by post thing, expect lots of questions and the periodic error.

If you have any questions or advice feel free to post both.

shriker likes this.
  2. Welcome to Shadowlack! We use a particular forum software called XenForo, so if you have any suggestions for ways to improve your mobility around the site, please let me know. I'll do my best to improve your experience. We've had a handful of blind and visually impaired players over the years, so I'm aware of at least a few of the difficulties that you may encounter.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of screen-reader do you use?

We also love questions here, so I'll do my best to answer them. :) I'm not entirely sure how amazing our wiki is to navigate that the moment, so I have a feeling that that could be one of the more difficult areas of the site to peruse. So here is to crossing fingers and hoping that it's not absolutely terrible. I should be able to point you in the right direction if you happen to get lost. Once again, welcome!

3. I use JAWs, or Java Acquisition With Speech, version fourteen. I haven’t tried the wiki yet, but the character creator guide is rather informative, and easy to navigate. As always, I’m learning as I go. I’ll try the wiki later.

I’ll be sure to let you know if I think of anything that might make the site, better, but I suspect difficulties will be more a consequence of ignorance on my part, rather than any site issues. I’ll be sure to ask questions here, if I get absolutely lost, and thanks for the warm welcome.

4. Let's try that again.

I use JAWs, or Java Acquisition With Speech, version fourteen. I haven’t tried the wiki yet, but the character creator guide is rather informative, and easy to navigate. As always, I’m learning as I go. I’ll try the wiki later.

I’ll be sure to let you know if I think of anything that might make the site, better, but I suspect difficulties will be more a consequence of ignorance on my part, rather than any site issues. I’ll be sure to ask questions here, if I get absolutely lost, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I use JAWs, or Java Acquisition With Speech, version fourteen. I haven’t tried the wiki yet, but the character creator guide is rather informative, and easy to navigate. As always, I’m learning as I go. I’ll try the wiki later.