Beast's artliness -- now taking requests. o:

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Beast, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeparoonie, I'm taking headshot requests now. c: You can have either a plain ol' headshot (roughly 200x200, neck and up) or an avatar (95x95, may include things like hands and shoulders).

So if you want one, just make sure there's an open spot on the list.

The List:
    1. Morichai's Theo: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/gleeful-beast/hstheo.pngDone!</a>
    2. Emz's Gabe
    3. Argent's Keith
    __ __ __ __ __

http://www.hostingib.com/charlotte/skol.pngClickety click</a>.

Somehow I always end up drawing work-in-progress characters instead of the characters I've already created. D;

Anyway, yes. Contortionist girl. The coloring turned out pretty well, I think -- I found a new brush in photoshop that works a lot like colored pencils or something (not in texture, but in application).

But someone else that I showed this to said the face "just..sort of floats on its own."

Do you think the head looks too separate from the body? I'd just kinda assumed the neck would be hidden from that perspective, but should I change something?

2. no, i like the way it looks! i don't think there's anything wrong with the perspective.

it's really interesting seeing how people colour. i like your little palette. ^^

she doth not have a tail?

3. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phylus @ May 3 2008, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>no, i like the way it looks! i don't think there's anything wrong with the perspective.

it's really interesting seeing how people colour. i like your little palette. ^^

she doth not have a tail?</td></tr></table>
    Haha, thank you. c:

Anyway.. I left out her tail on accident at first, then about halfway through I was like, "Wait a minute, something's not right." But I felt too lazy to change it, so I think I'll just say that since she's a shapeshifter & she doesn't like tails, she chooses not to have one. XDD

4. acrobats hate tails; It always gets in the way!

oh and i like the picture, good use of colors

5. insane and awesome

<span style='color:green'>Skylink Approves.</span>

6. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skylink @ May 3 2008, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> insane and awesome

<span style='color:green'>Skylink Approves.</span> </td></tr></table>
    Huzzah! The Skylink Stamp of Approval!

In green, no less. I can die happy now. ;D Thank you.

Also! For the informations of the general populace: I've applied for an artist/designer position here. c: I hope the members of the current staff enjoy my artish stuff as much as you guys.

7. That looks wicked awesome! such talent! and the anatomy looks great! Looks natural of a contortionist! hehehe.

*wiggles* i really shouldn't be up. its like 1 am here XD lawls. awesome work!

8. Its a nice piece of work. Good job. =p

9. Beassst. That's freakin' awesome. :heart:

10. Well thanks, guys. :D Your compliments & stuff are very much appreciated.

11. I love the pose and the angles, it's not something that you see very often :D

12. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lautir @ May 4 2008, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I love the pose and the angles, it's not something that you see very often :D </td></tr></table>
    Haha, yeah. :3 Thank you.

I've been experimenting a lot more with perspective & foreshortening, and I've realized that it's generally not quite as hard as it seems. Plus it adds a really dynamic feeling to almost any pose.

13. Thats so amazing...wow yeah I wish I was that good with digital artwork! The colors make me happy. And yes the funny thing about foreshortening is that it seems really hard, but in truth it is much harder to draw without it...

14. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benji Darkness @ May 4 2008, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Thats so amazing...wow yeah I wish I was that good with digital artwork! The colors make me happy. And yes the funny thing about foreshortening is that it seems really hard, but in truth it is much harder to draw without it... </td></tr></table>
    Thank you~

Foreshortening, for me, doesn't make it easier, per se, but it's definitely not as tough as it looks. It does take some extra thought to make it look right (and I'm still not that great at it), but I think it's well worth it in the end.

15. Wow, I love the pose and the awesome colouring :P

My drawing is still a little.... poor lol. I need to figure out how bodies are anatomically. I'm not too bad but not great :P x

16. :D What's the name of the brush you used?

17. Lemme see..

Well, apparently it's called the Airbrush Pen Opacity Flow. & I have a pressure-sensitive tablet, so depending on how hard or soft I push, the opacity changes.

Just like colored pencils, my favorite real medium. :D

18. Ooooo. :D And which version of Photoshop are you using?

19. Yeah honestly i don't think I am brave enough to atempt a pose like that yet, even after my AP art studio class....I think I will try the pressure sensative brush however! ^^

20. Photoshop 7.

I got it off ebay for $30. Bootleg! -shame-

Anyway. :P

You need a certain kind of tablet for the pressure sensitivity of the brush to work, Benji. Otherwise it just makes regular lines. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.