bad day

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Pendzez Zazkex, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a bad day today.
    Came home on the bus and been made fun of because of my asbergus and was given smart remarks of my sexuality. Could the day get any worse? :(

2. Asbergus? You mean aspergus? Those people are meanies >:[ I usually treat people like that like annoying mosquitoes. Or invisible.

3. The kind of people who'll exploit a particular trait are like leeches. On one hand, you can remove them by burning them. I had more than my fair share of teasing and bullying in the past. You can get by it by appearing not to be affected (you've probably heard it before), or laughing with it. If neither of those are worth a try, you can stand your ground and defend yourself - but that'll lead to a rallying of mindless scrotes who think they've now got a challenge. That route would only get worse before it gets better - and that totally depends on the lengths to which you're willing to go to stop the difficulty.

In this day and age, persons with diagnosed symptoms of whatevers will be targeted, as will those whose sexuality isn't "normal".

One aspect of Asperger Syndrome is just organization to the max. Socially implemented rules don't need to mean anything. Another aspect is being unable to keep up in conversations or groups. I would say that's simply confidence lacking/trying too hard to fit into a chat that one draws blanks. The other one I know of is being unable to use one's imagination.

K, so, typically people who've been diagnosed with this are generally smart people. You don't need to flit around and be caught up in a web of social norms and get bogged down with all kinds of inter-relational duties, do's and dont's. You don't need to be the conversationalist, but there's nothing stopping you, because you're in that top intellect band. As for imagination? You're on here =p you have one.

What am I getting at? To allow yourself to be affected by some remarks about your "condition" (I honestly don't want to call it a condition, because that implies there's something wrong with you. But I will because I don't know who'll be offended if I don't) is a form of giving in. Have confidence in what you know you can do well - and even have confidence in the stuff you can't do well. Confidence is knowing your strengths and weaknesses, because to know just one or the other is arrogance and self pitying. Acknowledge where you're not good and build up to it.

The kids who've picked on you: I would put money on one thing. None of them are individuals. They feed off each other. Look for the ring leader and concern yourself only with him/her. No one else matters.

Think of it this way: shout into a cave or in a mountain range. You get echoes back. The one shouting is the bully, the echoes are the kids. No one ever worries for long about the echoes, they're simply signals that someone else initiated them, yeah?

About your sexuality: That's not my place, I'm afraid, to comment on, because I have my own views. That area of discussion is steeped in controversy and firm opinions. Your best bet, whether you're heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transsexual, and whatever else is out there, is to have confidence. If you've chosen to be anything other than heterosexual, then believe in why, because that's what's going to help you a little later in life.

Just be aware, though, that people with religious knowledge can quickly denounce anything non-heterosexual and there's no defense against it, of which I'm aware. They'll be the only constant when it comes to this area of discussion.

In short, believe in yourself, dude. You're probably already better than the kids in the bus academically. You can beat them at their own game by doing what you can also probably do well: watch and listen. If you react too much, they'll feed off you (and I know that's so hard when you get picked on for sensitive things. Seriously, I know..).

Anyway, good luck (:

4. hey Dan,

Alex is right (about a lot of what he said in his post!). i've chosen to try both things: laugh with it, or ignore it, and yeah, neither works. what does work is that you know you're above what they're saying, you know that what they're saying is menial and petty, and untrue. you can live above the silly remarks of people and don't let it hang on you. especially when they're trying to pick on specific qualities. when they pick on stuff like that, you can be rest assured that they're only trying to make themselves feel good by making you feel low. it's not like they're actually trying to give you a critique on your character -- they're just being obnoxious, mindless twits.

y'know, this guy i'm seeing... i say he's got a few years on you, but he's not straight and he's got Aspergers too. (: and he's fantastic. so, i don't think you need to worry about either of two being 'bad' qualities about yourself. both are fantastic elements that make you who you are. and so long as you realize that, you'll be great. if you know your own self-worth, then those peoples' remarks have no value.

5. Oh dear, it's shameful how horrible people can be sometimes. But you needn't letit get you down ^_^ I can send some of my Homies down to pop a cap in their ass :3

No matter what condition you have or what sexual orientation, we all love you on here ^_^ People who say horrible things aren't nice, and i know its really hard not to take it to heart. But you're already betterthanthemanyway ^_^ People who stoop to that level are like slugs...

Or something like that ^^;

Don't listen to them, their opinions don't matter...

Ours do :3

:heart:

6. my friend has aspergers.
    he got pulled out of our school because one day the teacher was egging at him to read the section and he didn't want to.
    he yelled and cursed at her.
    the next day he was gone.
    i miss him terribly.
    i haven't seen him in a year.

as to the sexuality thing, fuck them, if you'll pardon my language.
    it's not their business.
    i can't tell you how many false rumors have circulated about my sexuality.
    people i thought were friends called me a lesbian behind my back.
    i've learned to ignore them, laugh it off.
    if they are so uncomfortable in their own skin to make fun of you in yours, their not worth it anyway.
    feel better

*hugs* lov Star

7. I have to strongly agree with Dumu on his point about confidence. If you have confidence, no one can take you down. :)

It's unfortunate that people have to be such assholes. Specially during high school. I was picked on constantly during high school. People called me both a bitch and a lesbian... simply because I didn't want to date anyone, lol. I really didn't find that whole teen sex thing appealing. If you believe in yourself, you can get through the toughest of situations. It's your life, you get to make your own decisions.

I guess what it comes down to is just knowing who the people are that love and respect you. No one deserves to be publicly ridiculed. Everyone deserves to have real friends though. I'm pretty sure you've got some of those.

Peace, dude. :heart:

8. Thank you, thank you all for your advice and support. :)
    I didn't make this, but this is somehow what I was and am feeling.
    (Sorry if it's a bit too big.)
    [​IMG]

9. Nice pic!

And it looks like I came to the right place; I am a master at bullies or people who are small minded (spent 6 years ignoring em) I can't be bothered with people like that.

My advice is to just think they are just big bozoÂ’s and they have no future, but if you think that's just harsh just let your mind float to your dream land. *dreams of pork*

10. ok, ang, good advice, though abit odd. :)

11. i'm alittle odd anyway.

12. ang, aren't we all? :)
    but that's what makes us awesome.
    yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.