A Trade Suggestion

Thread in 'World Building' started by Pendzez Zazkex, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I have a trade idea.
    How about:

Gravikinesis

The ability to manipulate the force of gravity.

Well, what do you think.

(Note: It should be marked with a star to indicate that its a Special Request Trade)

2. Hmmm.. I don't know.. manipulation of objects via levitation (i.e. Telekinesis) is already available. And the ability to manipulate the force that tethers you to the ground sounds a bit too intense to have.

3. Well I can explain it.

Lets say that someone is about to shoot a guy that knows Gravikinesis. The guy uses Gravikinesis to increase the gravitational weight on the gun to stop the gunman.
    I'm saying that Gravikineseis is used to increase the gravitational weight on objects like airships, guns, people, and vehicles to stop them from moving. With the airships, Gravikinesis stops them when on the ground. It can also crush objects when theres to much Gravitational weight used on them.

I got the idea from Black Cat.

4. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dark Eyed Dragon @ Nov 23 2007, 03:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    I got the idea from Black Cat. </td></tr></table>
    lol. I practically skipped your paragraph and just read that. Hm.. well, the thing about that technique is, it's way too 'specific'. Trades are generally wide-range in what people can do. Take Elemental Sorcery for example: "The ability to manipulate the elements (fire, air, water, and earth) using words or short incantations. A verbal form of magic." It's general, so you can do a lot of funky stuff with it. From what you described, a character with Telekinesis can do equivalent things more efficiently (as a skilled Kinetic can pull things down or move them up).

5. Ok i understand that, but do u think it can be a trade

6. I"m not so sure if this can count as an official trade, it's too specific for what it does. You can probably look into other trades, like telekinesis, and see that you can do the same things involved in this trade already. Although TK and what the fat guy did in Black Cat are two different applications of manipulation, they both get the same things done, However, TK gets it done a bit more efficiently as well as doing a bit more.

7. well this Gravikinesis is like the fat guys but this is my way of it.
    Although its like a rip-off cover version

8. I have another:

Smoke Breathing

The ability to breathe smoke for escaping enemies or, for the young ones, to
    pull off a cheap prank

9. Dark, when it comes to thinking of Trades try to make it something useful in multiple respects. It has to be something that can be taught (Janardan teaches pretty much all trades), and must be separate from the current trades.

Breathing smoke isn't what I would call a trade, but more like a trick or skill. Those in Elemental Kinesis or Pyrokinesis are able to pull something like that as a way of doing what you said.

10. How about Archery
    Is there any problem with that.

11. Archery is actually a pretty unique one. If you could write up a short 1-2 sentence description of it, I can most likely add it to the database. :)

12. Archery

The use of bows and crossbows to shoot projectiles. Arrows and bolts are the protectiles included.

13. Added it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.