009. favorite thread-quotes.

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Attrius, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I used to love when we had this. Then, it sort of... died. :/ Anyhow, Emz has ressurected this once-popular topic from the dead!

Any IC quotes from a thread that are quality and may have sparked some sort of emotion in you.

2. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Because they were both so sick, so addicted, they were wonderful for each other. Spoons and candles against a green poison and a flower. TheyÂ’d sink into hell together one day.</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>God was a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. God was happiness.</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>If he could read the ribbon of fate, and see it from the start of creation to the end of time, he would go mad with the reality of it all. But in denying the need to discover more, to question fate and defy the Goddess, he had so molded himself in the image of what he had become. He was a deviant in a world of rebels who sought to avoid what they were expected to be. No one was unique. Because his mom was dead, did that make him special? No. Because his father had been fucked-up and a rapist? No. Because his dad's messed-up genes had passed to him? No. Everyone was full of stories of these sorts, and each was so recorded in the blood and bone of history. He wasnÂ’t special, and he wasnÂ’t unique.

He was disposable.

He was a hell-prophet, he was the antichrist.

He was Saina's boy.</td></tr></table>

- by me playing Attrius Infernus from the thread http://ttp://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5708i can't escape this hell.</a>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> His darkness was the darkest of all, the impenetrable color of black ink, a void, a hole in the universe, too dark to exist. No light. The stars around his head were afraid to shine, they disappeared beyond his darkness, spiraled and sank into his skin.</td></tr></table>

- by Muerrin playing the character Pyemme Ryubi-Djaam in the thread http://ttp://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5708i can't escape this hell.</a>

3. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>If this were an old-fashioned espionage movie, Pyemme might have spoken the words, "It's quiet... too quiet." However, in this situation too quiet wasn't nearly quiet enough, and speaking at all would simply ruin everything.</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Super secret special agent ninja spies!" she added with a giggle. "We lurk in the shadows in the dead of niiiiiiight." She drew out the word "night" because it seemed a suitably nighttime and spooky thing to do.</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Pyemme wriggled enough that her arms slipped free of the arden's grasp, and she lifted one hand to point at the cabinet. "There's the objective. We must recover the goods and bring them back to headquarters." She thought for a moment. "Atti... by any chance do you know how to pick locks?"</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>She felt that sharp pang of Atti-hunger again and couldn't help but fling herself at her lover, pressing her body tightly against his and wrapping her arms around him, medicine canisters still in hand. She had to stand on her tip-toes to maneuver her face anywhere near his, and was only able to plant one small kiss on his soft muzzle before dropping again to flat feet.
    </td></tr></table>
    - by Muerrin playing Pyemme Ryubi-Djaam in http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5985borrowing without permission.</a>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The essence of a Tim Burton rendition of a kid at Christmas overcame Atti's expression for the first time in weeks. The half-Yki's eyes glowed like the two brightest lights in the tree, and he clapped his hands together in front of his face as if someone had set a giant, gift-wrapped box down in front of him</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>At 'Emme's question, Atti sighed and pushed his lower lip out, pretending to sulk. With the smooth, supple movements of an acrobat, he hooked his knees over a seperate cabinet and let his body drop down, arms stretching lazily towards the ground. "Nope," he mewled coyly, shaking his smiling, topsy-turvy head, his hair flopping in front of his face. </td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>His feet seemed rooted to the spot, and his heart was in his throat - and faintly he thought that perhaps it had stopped, but then it was beating again, erratically and elatedly - and she was so beautiful, and he knew. He knew. Nobody would ever take this lady, this blue-blooded damsel, this lover and fighter and goddess and queen, away from him. They belonged with one another, and if their scarred hearts did not prove it, the glances they gave one another did.</td></tr></table>
    - by me playing Attrius Infernus in http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5985borrowing without permission.</a>

4. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Attrius Infernus' Jude)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>JudeÂ’s glare at the water intensified. Her irises threatened to burst into .gif flames, dangerously angled even without the enhancing lines.</td></tr></table>
    I laughed. so. hard. XD http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5991source thread</a>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Koani)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Koani spat. Her head was swimming and her entire body seemed to be on fire and hurting. Vythe was half pulling and half carefully lifting her to her feet now. Every movement hurt her and she knew that any movement in the days to follow would probably hurt even more. She wavered dizzily on her feet, her temples pounding out a merry marching tune. The spikes along her spine collapsed, laying down flat, as she leaned heavily against Vythe. His body and arms supporting her as she bled freely onto his cleanly pressed clothes.

“Vythe," she murmured quietly, “I need a fucking<ii> drink."</td></tr></table>
    I just liked how this scene came out visually. yep. http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3478source thread</a>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Koani)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>She walked until she didn't quite know where she was, and once there, she sat down beside a snow drift and cried.</td></tr></table>
    Sad. :[ The entire thread is pretty sad though. http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4003source thread</a>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Jaceen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>A small gremlin-ish dust bunny jumped out at her and roared, screaming something about how his  underwear was so tight, his low wages, and something about his ex-wife. Jaceen looked completely shocked and astonished as the dust bunny flicked her off and marched angrily out of sight. Her eyes pinned themselves on Okkie and Tilote, butnotreallylikeapinbecausethatwouldhurt.</td></tr></table>
    SO BLOODY LAME.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Jaceen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Jaceen wrinkled her nose and stepped into the room, crushing a dust bunny as she did so. A whole crew of dust bunnies then gathered around the murder scene and started screaming obscenities at our banana coloured teacher. New screws... I mean, news crews started to move in, snapping pictures and running live feed commentaries, each wanting to be the first to report this event. The sound of dust bunny helicopters could be heard in the background. One official looking dust bunny stretched out some even more official looking police tape and wrapped it around the crime scene - this being Jaceen's forepaw. Jaceen just looked on, dumbfounded... and what about her mom? Was she watching? Did she know about the cookie jar...?</td></tr></table>
    Honestly.. these ones should come with a warning.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Jaceen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"Run." Jaceen said, her voice shrill with terror. "Run while you still can! Or, for as long as your legs work, until they're chopped off, or eaten, either by teeth or acid... poor legs, poor poor poorly legs... run until you can't run no more, run until you collide head on with a wall, just run, run... and take this piece of advice with you always: Don't ever - don't you ever stare directly into the sun!"</td></tr></table>

Aw hell, that entire thread is funny. http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161link is heeeerre.</a> It's pretty obvious that it's not cannon or anything... lol.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Straken Kavor's Z/Straken)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Z's grip was strong, but it also had respect. He didn't attempt to crush Jaceen's hand, he only returned the same pressure she gave him. Respectful and casual. What an odd mix.</td></tr></table>

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Jaceen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Jaceen was rather relieved that Straken, well, Z, hadn't crushed her hand. She was rather fond of her hands after all and didn't like to imagine what it would be like trying to write or turn pages with her feet. Although, given practice she imagined that she could become quite adept at it.</td></tr></table>
    Ah.. those two are such oddballs. :heart:

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Straken Kavor's Z/Straken)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"You over-react a little bit, Jaceen. I can ensure you that I have this under complete control. It's only about two-hundred million, a slight amount for a bolt of lightening," He gave a nod, opening his opposite hand up as he did. And, just as this happened, the electricity turned into a stream, spinning up one of his arms and across his back, then around the other arm and into the palm, where it was formed into another ball of electricity. He then tossed it into the air, making a quick archway of light, before coming back to rest in his right hand.</td></tr></table>
    Ooooh yes. She was <i>so
    overreacting. Maaan.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker's Jaceen)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>“There are theorists who believe that Fronima really is the planet. That it isn't a separate entity. That it and us are actually one. Still others that think it's simply a resource that recycles itself. Home to the souls of the dead... mm. You know, if there was a way to create or find a door, some sort of portal, I don't think I'd want to enter. Even if it were theoretically possible. I've heard and read so many things about Fronima. You'd think that us, having practised magic for thousands of years, would at least have a better understanding. It's just so finicky... sometimes even the simplest of spells can backfire... Then there are other still who believe that Fronima is like any other resource – that it has a limit. That by using it, by creating machina and using magic, we're slowly killing everything around us. That Fronima, day by day, is growing thinner and thinner... and that eventually there will be none of it left at all."</td></tr></table>
    Kind of some grave thinking there... anywho, threadling for the last few is http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4675here</a>.

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beast's Darwing)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>He'd stayed in bed an extra half-hour after waking, simply plotting out his day in careful intervals. Morning grooming: five minutes. Breakfast: one hour. Leisure time: twenty minutes. Robot testing: ..as long as it takes...</td></tr></table>
    Funnies... actually, I think I'd end up quoting that entire thread, http://shadowlack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5927so here</a>.

I really ought to get some homework done. >__> Maybe I'll dig up some more quotes later.

5. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Instinctively, his mind made a thing about averting his line of sight. His eyes had already shot open in the split second he'd seen Tira almost disrobe. It wasn't right. Understandably she was cold and wet so needed to remove the cumbersome garments. A wave of dishonour swept over his mind, sternly reminding him to control where his eyes looked. He did not suffer from the typical issue of wandering eyes, however. The internal lecture from the miniature Guardian on his shoulder came to pre-empt any misbehaviour. He knew in himself he wouldn't fall by the wayside. Nonetheless, it didn't hurt to reinforce courtesy and manners now and again.</td></tr></table>

From Dumu and me thread... it just made me giggle... we've went nuts allva sudden :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.