005. New features?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name one or more things that you would really like to see added to Ramath-lehi. No matter how extravagant you happen to think they are. :] Whether it be an entirely new system for something, a simple additional profile field, or whatever. I'd like to hear it. :P

2. Pink dinosaurs.

3. Hmm well mabe we could have a sub forum to put all Ral related pics. Because the expressions part is for general stuff. other than that i dont see anyway to improve this site at all.

4. Tch, there's always room for improvement. I don't think you're considering all of the things that we could do.

5. I want flashing lights and fire works to go off when ever I long in, then everyone will feel very welcome :3

Actually one idea IÂ’ve been toying with is a Ramathian Stock Market. I think it could open up business and political based plots and maybe even encourage older aged pendragons to be created. It would also be a way to advertise products that are popular on RaL, such as large food corporations or technical companies.

But the reason why I didnÂ’t feel like mentioning it till now is that, it may also need a currency system which might just turn into a hassle.

6. I've had some ideas of natural disasters and epidemics. Like the breakout of some terrible latent virus that has a 50% fatality rate and only takes effect after three days, but during that time, the victim is contagious.

Suppose we added a section to our Fauna that contained diseases. Specific diseases and the such would add flavor to the game and help add to its sense of realism.

7. A stock market would be pretty neat. :D I guess the only real problem I see with it is that if we ever were to have game "currency," it'd pretty much have to be per user, and not per character. That kind of thing is doable for sure now. Specially now since I can run automated scripts. I'm just not really sure what people could "buy" if there ever were a game currency. ^^

And a disease section on the site I think would be a really good idea. Well, a more in depth one anywho. :x There's diseases in the compendium, but there's only one in there at the moment... lol. I think the compendium in general is in need of a facelift.

8. This is more of tagging on to what Lautir has said. I know of only one person so far with a char who has properly set up some kind of clothing line. A source for such things, like high street leading brands and your lower level brands clothes, and foods etc - your every day items - would fill in some gaps. I agree with JT too, I think there should be some more illnesses/diseases, but I'm not entirely sure about adding it to the Fauna section. I think we certainly need more contributions to that section that offer painful and potentially fatal side effects if one fails to follow consumption directions though.

You know I've got an idea in the works, so I'll be PMing you that shortly again with the improvements. I gots free time now so I should be able to knuckle down. Should be by the end of the week ^^

I think there should be more activity regarding the sports and events like the Flitter competitions (even though that was genetics Oo;;;) but I think there should be staged IC events involving the many athletic chars we've got and the Tsupeon. On that note, activity with the other schools/academies would be nice to see. Maybe bring in some rivalry. Of course those last things would be more member related than administration related ;p

I had a few more ideas, but there gone from my head for now. Rain check.

9. C'mon. Think about it. VaL.. Sounds cool right? :D

10. Ok well since your asking how about more Flash stuff such as moving banners and animated writing. heh. Also maybe the ICC Communiqué's could be like a tv news flash a little banner that tries to draw the eyes to it. heh you asked :)

11. Er, I don't think Flash banners will be put on Ramath for a couple reasons. Not everyone has the Flash plugin and it will cause issues with loading times. Although I personally have been tempted to play the Flash adverts, I think they look tacky over all. The only Flash we've used to date is the Flash Chat.

12. I'd actually like to see a link to the lingo of RaL when adding a reply. I think it'd get the words unique to ramath used a lot more. Like Thill, and Arden. All that stuff. Just a link to that page, y'kno? :D

13. I was thinking about that a few minutes ago, but more along the lines of constructing a new language page, because it doesn't exist right now.

Board-wise, something I think needs improving is the PM notification. Firefox blocks three popups in the time it takes to get from whatever page I happen to be on to my inbox. I like to read PMs from there. I know some people like to read the PM there and then as it appears, but I know I don't. So if the popups were removed, I was thinking about how one could be notified. I think the "inbox(0)" colour should changed to something like yellow, or red - something that clashes with the blue - when the person has received a message, then people *should* be aware of the presence of personal messages.

We certainly need a lot more for the Compendium, specifically I was looking at Diseases and Poetry. The sort of poetry that I think should be in there is work that presents Ral for what it is ICly. Same really goes for the Diseases section. Methinks this'll take people grouping together and knuckling down to spin out half a dozen ideas or so. Three ideas from each active person would definitely populate that section with more ideas than anyone would care to shake a stick at. Oh and something on technology. Right now it's hotchpotch; no one's 100% certain as to what Ral's got or not. It's been down to common sense. Having if only a handful of choices ought to spice up the game some more, giving people more to talk about and use. One thing I notice is how people talk about the standard "as we know it" items or objects, such as swords, phones, books, doors, windows etc. Being a civilisation built on originality, building a page of concepts could put into perspective what kind of world we'd be dealing with.

As a tidbit, if we had contributions of animated and static AIM icons, it would vary the options. Say, if a few people teamed up and made an icon for each person who uses AIM - in cooperation with the person so that things look right - it would, in my mind, more tightly knit this community, creating new friends probably. At least, causing people to talk to each other more :P Each icon would also be available in the Downloads section. Contributions to that one would be fantastic. I won't volunteer people; anyone good at making music might want to consider adding to that. I know Jess (Crystal Vixen) has been talking about wanting to create an Ral desktop theme. With it, she's been thinking about an introductory tune when you load up. Whether or not she thinks it should go into the Downloads, I'm just saying little, applicable stuff would be better than nothing.

>< I need breakfast now, but I'll see what more I can come up with.

14. In reply to what you said about technology Dumu, I think you should bear in mind the follow Q&A:

Q: "What kind of technology is available to pendragons?..."

A: "Anything that your mind can wrap around - plus manny things that it probably cannot even begin to comprehend...."

In regard to that answer, it would virtually be impossible to make a technology page which fully embraced all of the technology of RaL since there are "many things that it [our minds] probably cannot even begin to comprehend."

I think to tell new players and old players alike that the technology on RaL mirrors that of what we have in real life, plus there is much more, is a good enough description.

Further, if we began creating a page which listed the technology of RaL, players may begin think that THAT technology listed is pretty much all of the technology. Then they will become somewhat more hesitant to get creative and make new technology.

The only time we really had a problem with people taking technology too far was in the days when players would try to create types of invincible cyborg characters which are now illegal anyways.

Simply telling people that the technology on RaL is like that on Earth and there is much more which is impossible to fully comprehend not only seems descriptive enough, but also keeps a sense of "free-lancer" in terms of what technology players could think of for their threads.

15. 1. I think we should definitely bring the glossary, or at least the language page back. I'll add it to my list anywho. :]

2. There is a way in Firefox to allow popups for certain sites. I've got popups allowed for Ramath, so I don't run into this problem. So in the meantime you could just turn that off.

<blockquote>Tools -> Options -> Content [tab] -> Block popup widows -> Exceptions

Add shadowlack.com to the Allow list.</blockquote>

What I want to do eventually is add a little mail icon for whenever you get mail. You know, a nice little "You've got mail!" thing. I loathe popups, and it's one of the things about this forum that I really don't like.

3. Compendium. Yup. It totally needs some filling.

4. Technology... while yes, I somewhat side with JTCC, I think we could perhaps detail some technologies that are extremely unique to Ramath. Maybe even come up with some brand names of companies that create these things. Brand names for clothing and the like might be neat too...

5. I'm always open to new downloads, whatever the file type. Just send 'em to me and I'll find time to get them up. ;)

16. JT, I didn't mean to restrict players, but to, as Jodie said, to lay down ones which are unique. Sorry, I'll try to be more clear next time (:

17. Technology And Weapon Encyclopedia. :}

18. I've always though that having an extra spot in the profile for a music player would be awesome - it could be filled up with the character's theme songs.

http://www.projectplaylist.com/http://www.projectplaylist.com/</a> is great, as you can put on (as far as my knowledge extends) an unlimited amount of songs per playlist in a neat and organized manner. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.