Mutab

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Fey, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well after a long day of playing games and daydreaming. (a perticulary pleasent sunday^,^) This idea appeared.

Miniature handheld teleportion device (Or mutab as its sales name). This handy device no bigger than a original Ipod will mark your location via satalite store these coordinates and when you wish to get back to that location you press a buton select the coordinates and off you go much like the normal hub teleporters.

Due to its size only one location can be stored at one time and this device can only be used twice per day. (which just happens to be enough to get to school or at leas near it ^,^).

Please tell me what you think and dont forget to poke holes in the idea as you see fit. ^.^ be gentle

2. Well, you pretty much already know what I think. :) Pretty cool if you ask me. I just think that you should elaborate on the device quite a bit more since it's a very fantastical piece of technology. So all of the limitations, what it uses as a power source, any side-effects, etc.

3. Shriker's right you know; something that small would have something bad
    e.g.: short transport range (unless that satellite transport's you), long matter transfer time and ect.

4. I have and idea, instead of just bringing you anywhere how about, it access a network of a type, and it locates set teleporting areas, like devices set out and you teleport to them.

5. Seems sort of iffy to me... how does it actually move matter? How is the device moved with you? How do you get sorted back into your original configuration on arrival, as opposed to simply being a pile of jumbled matter?

Important questions.

6. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Argent @ Jun 27 2008, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Seems sort of iffy to me... how does it actually move matter? How is the device moved with you? How do you get sorted back into your original configuration on arrival, as opposed to simply being a pile of jumbled matter?

Important questions. </td></tr></table>
    Argent you knida hit the hammer on the nail there ^^

those kinda questions im gunna have to seriously ponder over. ^,^ Thanks guys give me a few days to figure out how to fix the said problems and other issues.

7. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fey'yore @ Jun 27 2008, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Argent @ Jun 27 2008, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Seems sort of iffy to me... how does it actually move matter? How is the device moved with you? How do you get sorted back into your original configuration on arrival, as opposed to simply being a pile of jumbled matter?

Important questions. </td></tr></table>
    Argent you knida hit the hammer on the nail there ^^

those kinda questions im gunna have to seriously ponder over. ^,^ Thanks guys give me a few days to figure out how to fix the said problems and other issues. </td></tr></table>
    That's why they used to call me Hammer "The Hammer" Hammerson.

Haha, actually, they used to call me "Belgium"... that's a LOOOOOOONG story. x3

8. ^^ You've done a good job on this. I'll prod you with a few questions too - stay tuned ;)

9. Heh okay i though over some along with the inner workings. Figuring out how this'll work is gunna be a while ^^

10. I'd recommend the FC method... that is, Flux Capacitor method--make up a part that is the key to the whole process. Makes it all easier. I'd recommend something quantum physics-y... would make it easier to say "Just 'cause."

11. True i was thinking something that included crystals.

12. Be sure to mix in some neat "techno jargon", too... Makes it sound more "Real" ;P

13. A mini gel pack (in other words an organic/tech processor.) I got the idea from the voyager StarTreck series.

A little heads up for people: the gel pack in voyager was a organic/ tech processor made for large processing speeds; gel packs could do double the processing speed of normal wiring.

For an ipod sized gel pack it'll have to be really small.

14. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ang0224 @ Jul 1 2008, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> A mini gel pack (in other words an organic/tech processor.) I got the idea from the voyager StarTreck series.

A little heads up for people: the gel pack in voyager was a organic/ tech processor made for large processing speeds; gel packs could do double the processing speed of normal wiring.

For an ipod sized gel pack it'll have to be really small. </td></tr></table>
    Taking ideas from Voyager is always a bad idea...

Actually, over-referencing generally is, too...

Besides, processing power is irrelevant in a quantum sense--The concept of infinity makes it a moot point entirely.

15. Its not the speed and processing thats needs work really but more on how it actualy works XD and i do remember that from voyager.....(what i thought i was the best series ^,^)....Though i dont think the Ramathans would use bio tech as it could go against their base religious taboo's. XD

16. - gel packs= dead
    - anything bio/tech= dead

*note to self: scrap the boi/tech robot idea*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.