Buzz board...hmmm...

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Fey, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well does the buzz board allow the use of the symbol " ' "? Because everytime I try to use anyone of the Dra'skirs it comes up with an error.

example <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Could not execute query : INSERT INTO `ibf_ic_rumours` ( `rumourID` , `userID` , `timestamp` , `name` , `charID`, `action` , `rumour` ) VALUES (NULL , '3714', '1207746664', 'Fey'yore Dra'skir', '1300', 'n', 'is in search of more crystals').You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'yore Dra'skir', '1300', 'n', 'is in search of more crystals')' at line 2</td></tr></table>

2. I just tried putting a rumor up using > ". It seems to be fine for me....
    Try again?

If it's at the start of the text it might think it is a command?

Did you type the /a at the start for your rumor if you were trying to have it as an action??

3. Heh tried both ways neither work lol. I'll check with Baal maybe it it the ' .

Lol it works with Baal. hmmm odd.

4. Looks like it just isn't parsing the character name properly because of the ' mark in the name. It's an easy fix, but it'll probably have to wait until this weekend. I'm so strapped for time at the moment.

5. Okay cheers it was just confusing me lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.