Ahck! Phylus is slowing down her threads...

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by phylus, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOOOO.

they blocked shadowlack at work.

those bastards.

so i'm going to be a little slower replying now that i don't have 8 hours in the day to think up what i want to say.

sorry to all i have threads with >:

2. I'm torn between saying that might be a good thing and it's a bad thing... xD It's a good thing for people who can't concentrate if the option of surfing the web and getting distracted, but bad for those who can multitask and do great at their job and still be able to browse sites. My dad was the latter, but they blocked everything at his work thanks to his idiot co-workers. Back when he had a job there... /trails off bitterly

BUT UM. Don't say sorry, it's not yer fault. ): They prolly blocked it cause they snooped on you and saw you were browsing there a lot. That's how they block a lot of sites at work/school. Unless you were meaning you just got that job and they have it blocked... I'm confused...

anyways, it's not a problem. You have a job now so I doubt anyone's gonna bitch you out for being understandably slow. xD

3. I always finished first in Computer Programing in high school so I would often browse the interwebs, always checking here. Until the day my teacher blocked only here and possibly only on my account. It was back again a few days later. I took it as a "I know you're slacking" kind of thing.

This however did not stop me from sending the answers to my friends over the school email system...

And no need to apologize for speed, especially not to me! xD

4. I seem to be in the minority here. xD I absolutely think you should not be on Myspace, Facebook, forums, etc. at work. They pay you to do your job, not to post. Howeeeever, I don't know what your job is like, so I don't know if there are times when there honestly isn't work to do or if you can handle it without affecting your work ethic. So I don't know about your personal situation.

Regardless, it still sucks and for that I'm sorry. xD

5. I'm with Enalska and Devo on this one: if you're at work you should be working. Lunch times and any breaks I'd say are fine to be using for things which aren't detrimental to business (like CV/Resumee sites), but that's about it.

6. Aw, it happens. :( Of course, there's always ways to circumvent that sort of thing. I'm not going to be posting any guides, but where there's a will, there's a way. ;]

That said, I'm a little on the fence with this one. If you're a full time employee, you're guaranteed to have at least some down time. As long as you get your work done - and on time - it's cool. It's all about time management.

7. (: i'm on the side that some time outside of work is beneficial. people need to live, be creative, playful, and have fun while at work. they are bound to be social and doing unrelated activities at some point in the day. these are necessary!

browsing for fifteen minutes on facebook doesn't linearly correlate with 15 minutes lost in work. maybe it may mean 15 minutes of work time was objectively lost. but relatively... it all depends. my input might increase, making the next 15 minutes of work more productive and better, because i'm inspired and less deflated from a monotonous task.

anyway, i didn't have enough projects to take on at work (despite buggering) so having shadowlack, productivity or not, was sooooper nice. i don't care enough to find work arounds and i'm also scared to, now i know for sure someone is watching me ^_^. teehee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.