A Avian, Mabye??

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Pendzez Zazkex, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verhua

Category: Avian
    Biomes: Grasslands, Tropical Rain forest
    Frequency: Extremely Rare
    Active: Tria
    Diet: Herbivore
    Lifespan: 10-20 Years
    Size: .5 - 1 ft.
    Weight: Unknown

The Verhua are like terran hawks, however, with some appearance of other terran birds. There feathers are not brown with some lighter color, but a pure red color all over the body. They have the same talons, beak and wingspan of a adult terran hawks, but the extra appearance features include a long feather, that looks like a ribbon about a meter long, on the top of it's head. Just inside the beak there a tiny teeth that help with eating and chewing certain fruits. There talons are different, however. They are used for defence and holding food and are retractable.

They have only one taste and that's for fruit. They are very docile, making them friendly and harmless, good enough for a pet. They can protect themselves by the means of there talons, that can pierce a terran turtle shell. They enjoy flying high in the sky, getting the wind under their wings.

2. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dark Eyed Dragon @ Mar 6 2008, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Verhua

The Verhua are like terran hawks, however, have a few features that distinguish them from other terran birds. Instead of being brown with some lighter colors, their feathers are pure red all over the body. They have the same beak and wingspan of an adult terran hawk, but with extra features including a long feather, that looks like a meter-long ribbon, on the top of it's head. Just inside the beak there tiny teeth that help with the eating and chewing of certain fruits. The Verhau's talons are different as well. Retractable, they are used for defence and holding food.

They have only one taste and that's for fruit. They are very docile, making them friendly and harmless, good enough to maintain them as pets.  They can protect themselves by the means of their talons; they can pierce even the hardest of surfaces, including the terran turtle shell.  They enjoy flying high in the sky, getting the wind under their wings. </td></tr></table>
    I made some edits I thought might help? I liked the ideas, but sometimes the sentences were choppy. Feel free to keep and ignore them as you please. (:

3. Oh, thank you. I sometimes have trouble describing things. I appreciate it.

Verhua

The Verhua are like terran hawks, however, have a few features that distinguish them from other terran birds. Instead of being brown with some lighter colors, their feathers are pure red all over the body. They have the same beak and wingspan of an adult terran hawk, but with extra features including a long feather, that looks like a meter-long ribbon, on the top of it's head. Just inside the beak there tiny teeth that help with the eating and chewing of certain fruits. The Verhau's talons are different as well. Retractable, they are used for defence and holding food.

They have only one taste and that's for fruit. They are very docile, making them friendly and harmless, good enough to maintain them as pets. They can protect themselves by the means of their talons; they can pierce even the hardest of surfaces, including the terran turtle shell. They enjoy flying high in the sky, getting the wind under their wings.

4. well, what does anyone think?

5. Very interesting Dark Eye. I enjoy their strong talons.

6. Just a couple of things... mostly because they sound a lot like the http://shadowlack.com/life/fauna.php?id=82Trisk</a>, only fruit eaters.

Why is their beak shaped like a hawk's when they primarily eat fruit? The inner teeth are a neat idea, but I just think that the shape of the beak should be different... unless they eat a specific kind of fruit that requires that beak shape.

I'd also like to know about how they get along with each other socially. How do they raise their young? Do they lay eggs? Do they mate for life? Who takes care of the young? Those sorts of things. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.