weather and questions...

Thread in 'General Chat' started by phylus, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well, of course i read the dealy-o about weather and time on the site but i'm still unsure about what continent is experiencing what sort of weather right now.

is it possible to elaborate on the topic? furthermore, i saw the RL map but is there one with labels on it at all? perhaps that might make my climate concerns lessen a little. (:

if not, then i think working on the RL map is a fantastic idea! maybe associating the climate with a few Earth countries might help out!

2. There is a map... just not one with labels. !_! Give me like... 15 minutes and I'll slap some temporary ones on.

Weather and things are definitely something that I want to elaborate on in the future. Eventually there's going to be a little information page for each individual countries that will have all sorts of information about them.

3. *scratches head*

With us being in the winter season i think we're colder. But of course that'll not really apply to the jungle, maybe a few degrees. Deserts are always parch worthy so i dont think the difference would be much changed, maybe more moisture in the air...

I don't know if this is truly accurate, i'm assuming from my own playing here. Generally minor weather like rain, wind etc is all dependant on the rp thread and doesnt need permission. Big things like twisters etc need permission if they'll affect other characters and land mass etc.

There is the two poles and what would be considered the equator, but i do think it could do with a little touching upon.

In short most places will be colder, though i think bhim will experience the change in seasons mostly, maybe Ajita and other green areas, mountains most likely windeier.

I'm rambling....

i think this should help a little.... i hope. Shriker should be able to answer for defo; Maybe Dumu aswell....

Hope it kinda helps. If you've got a set idea about weather etc, you should pm Jodie directly see what she thinks ^_^

EDIT: I'm 23 seconds behind the Jodster @_@

4. Ahha... :P I just realized that the http://shadowlack.com/images/ramathlargemap.JPGold and smelly version</a> of the map has labels on it. Just not the newer one.

I should get a better scan of the newer one for the labels, and actually get some colour on the silly thing.

5. I remember the map having just to continent names. What about more specific labels for the places? Where exactly is janardan located on swaraj? Etc.

As for weather i normaly just go by the description of the place. But having weather patterns and other such descriptions would make keeping things in character of the place alot easier ^^

6. yay! thanks jods, that'll do. i'll use that map as a basis for now.

and yeah, i usually go by description of the area -- except, i wondered 'well, if it's snowing outside here, would it be snowing at magi lake too? o:

7. Gah this reminds me that i promised to do a lil weather report every now and then a long while ago. bugger, forgive me.

*Sighs in embarrassment*

*Re-adds to todo list* there we go lol i will get to it then. If you want.

8. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crystal Vixen @ Feb 29 2008, 02:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I remember the map having just to continent names. What about more specific labels for the places? Where exactly is janardan located on swaraj? Etc.

As for weather i normaly just go by the description of the place. But having weather patterns and other such descriptions would make keeping things in character of the place alot easier ^^ </td></tr></table>
    Ya. It is just continent stuff. I'll try to get a larger scan of the newer map maybe sometime this weekend and actually label more things on it.

As for where Janardan is... I believe that's answered in the FAQ somewhere. Still, I really think there ought to be some more clear labelling happening. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.