Time Stamping Suggestion

Thread in 'General Chat' started by EyeoftheNyte, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Being that I help develop and test on other sites I was thinking that Time Stamping could be done via fields at the top when you creat a new thread or topic. By default it could appear with the current time stamp and the fields would be open for changed based on when the player wanted their post to take place.

This would then appear perhaps below the title of the topic or even at the very begining of the post. This I think could help players remember time stamps and the format they should be in.

Just a thought take from it what you will. Adios!

2. I can see the advantages of that. Do you mean similar to drop down boxes? And where exactly do you think these fields would be above the title? Would it be in rows or columns? As I see the page, all the space is used to full capacity whilst maintaining a comfortable layout, thus the disadvantage of adding more. The area becomes cluttered and distracting. It does have at the top there a reminder to add a timestamp and link to what one is.

I'm not putting down the idea at all ^.^ I'm unsure where you could put such an idea to have it effective :)

3. also some people play plots back a few days or jump forward to fit with plots etc iy would mean having to have it as an option scroll thing or whatever.

4. Hm. It's possible. I mean, I know I could code such an option. My only concern would be the one that Morichai voiced - people wanting to roleplay in the past/future would have to do some extra editing. I'll look into it though. :]

5. mmm unless the days was a scroll option?

6. That's why the use of text boxes or dropdowns when you create a new thread. And by below the title I mean at the very begining of the post much like people already post it. I was just thinking of it mainly due to my almost forgetting it.

The current timestamp would be the initial values which could be then changed to facilitate those plots in the past.

7. something like that?

[​IMG]

8. Exactly. :) I have a bit of time tonight in between doing laundry, so I'm going to see what I can whip up.

9. laundry - i've been doing that all bloomin day ;-;

but hope you get the chance :P

10. That's about what I was thinking... perhaps even make it a required field(s) so that you can't forget it? I don't know if that's something that you'd want to do or not but hey that's why it's a suggestion :D. It's been a little while since I coded but I don't think it would be too hard to make it such and to make it so it only appears at a new thread instead of both new thread and replys.

Anywho sorry about not explaining it better to begin with >.< sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my brain... well that's most often. If only I had a hard wire connection from my brain to the computer... would make my creative spurts so much easier and they would be illustrated ^.^

11. shriker would most likely do that neways ^-^ laundry brings out the genius in everyone - hence why mothers know best. lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.