Resolved STDs / viruses / question.

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Maair, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, just an idea, what about sexually transmitted diseases/infections? Also, I noticed there was a form, and a section in the knowledge base, for diseases, but no other kinds of sicknesses? What about bacterias and viruses? What about global pandemics? Have these / could these ever be an issue for 'dragons? Or did I just skip over some information about them already written?
    I've seen some writings in the species descriptions about species being almost wiped out by certain ailments but the references were kind of vague if I remember right, and I didn't see any of them under the 'diseases' section.

2. Welcome to RaL! It's awesome to see people looking in all the nooks and crannies xD

So far diseases are a very undeveloped part of Ramath-lehi at the moment. There is only one listened disease if you don't count Vampirism and Lycanthropy. So no, you haven't missed anything.

I actually have 2-3 diseases in the works at the moment(They'll probably pop up in a few days with me looking for people opinions on them), and you've inspired me to write up some sort of STD (;

So if you are looking for one of your characters to be suffering from an aliment feel free to make something up or if you're like me and have a thing for strange infectious diseases, you can try and create something with a long history, symptoms and treatment :3

3. Thanks!

I'll be excited to see what kind of STD you come up with (along with your other diseases), and will probably be thinking up some illnesses of my own while I daydream tomorrow, in that case. (Out of context, this could be taken quite oddly.)

4. i would like to make the correction that we refer to them as STIs AHEM AHEM. but anyway, i'm super excited to see your STIs (hahaha) Lautir.

but i can't wait to see more diseases and ailments out. (:

5. Hmm, was it changed because 'disease' seems so final and scary? Oh, never mind, they switched because "infection" is more encompassing. At least so says the government of Canada website. Strange that my plagues class never mentioned the switch.

I hope to post one up on Friday. People keep making me be social and stuff :O

6. i can wait to see your STIs. go out and be fun, Laulau.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.