Society, it is really that advanced?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Xander, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please put "R:" before a post targetting a ramathien flaw. Don't put anything special before going after a real world problem though.

R: the top bannana's in Ramathien society seem to kill off any threat to their power... anyone else smell a revolution coming and fast? Anybody? (No offense ment to shriker)

Now, in the real world, why is it that we have developed one of the most amazing systems for killing EVERYBODY at once possible, but so much less of that money thats put into research for wepons goes to making FRIENDS with the other nuclear powers? Wouldn't that save a lot of time and lives?

2. This isn't the real world.

3. What is the real world? As for your question in regards to making friends, it doesn't make money. The only reason they make 'friends' with other nuclear powers is to prevent themselves from being blown up later (: it's tactical cowardice.

As for Ramath... Shh.

4. First off, Ramath is set in the future. Society, perhaps, would have evolved. Plus, as far as I know, now that Karryasa and Zamfir are gone and Ramath-lehi is no longer led by dictators, there isn't that much of killing off those who are a "threat" to power.

5. R: Good points all. But still, alot of people would still hold a grudge against the entire Grader family and accuse them for crimes that are old and maybe even made up, just to slander their name with anything they think will make them feel better.

As for the nuclear powers thing, your completely right! It is cowardice on a grand scale. Very few, even nowadays, think that an actual country-country partner ship between us and anyone but Canada will be possible and thats making it more difficult to solve international problems.

By the way, this is in no way an attack on the actuall SITE of Ramath-Lehi, just a few of the things in it.

6. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xander @ Jan 6 2008, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>R: Good points all. But still, alot of people would still hold a grudge against the entire Grader family and accuse them for crimes that are old and maybe even made up, just to slander their name with anything they think will make them feel better.

</td></tr></table>

Do we not already hold grudges in real life as it is? Many people blame menial and major things on governments - Whether it be the prices of fuel, education, quality of health service people will blame others, more often those in some form of power...

No Government is or will be perfect, in the real world or any created, its' impossible and i think that by having something that relates to human leaderships and the world we live in general is what makes it such a diverse site to roleplay at.

Plus if it was perfect - none of the Pendragons could complain about it ICly, If any place was perfect then i would surmise that the people in it would be "perfect" and i don't think i could begin to live - never mind roleplay - in a perfect world of any sort, mainly because everyone has a different view on what perfect is and should be...

And i've never heard of weapons that make friends, weapons are for killing, biscuits are for friend making. :cookie:

7. No, the wepons themselves don't make friends Morachi, the people who press the "big red buttons" need to.

R: as for Ramath, I agree. A perfect goverment would be boring, I just enjoy making a goverment the best it could be (plus I just enjoy nagging people in charge and watch them know I'm right in real life, it's hard to keep that impulse under control here!).

8. Karryasa and Zamfir weren't even bad leaders to begin with. Just because you read that they "kill off" people, doesn't exactly mean it's true. A lot of the Anti-Grader stuff was just fabrication being spread by those who wanted them out.

Speaking of, the Graders aren't even in power anymore - the Council of Thirteen is. And, as we learnt early on, even it didn't start off smoothly.

Now this new Council... they're HORRIBLE. You know, killing people who even just look at them funny. That one councillor, Refsto? He'll kill you by boiling your blood with his magic. Don't even get me started on the atrocities that Muerrin is capable of. :)

9. Muerrie? Oh, geeze. She's set a supervirus upon you and mutate your genes themselves. xDDDD

10. R: The council actully pulled off a sucsessful takeover? Wow. That's really bad for one of my char ideas, their an anti-council promoter. But in that case... START HASHIN ON THE COUNCIL! RAAAGHHHHHHR!

But, back in real life, the third world situation, what in the ***k is getting into the heads of these terrorists? Do they WANT a society where they have to stay underground for the rest of their lives even if they do manage to take over the middle East? Do they WANT to live in a clay box with no electricity or plumbing? Do they WANT to fight over a book that strictly forbids violence but also endoreses killing educated women by stoning? And the South American drug Cartells, WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET THEIR COUNTRIES HAVE STABLE GOVERMENTS BEFORE THEY TRY AND TAKE OVER? It would mean a a lot less trouble making a society if all the buildings are already there and it would give us an excuse to go and finally root out their sorry sub-human butts like we're doing to Al-Quida!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.