Tribune September 2013 Digest

Thread in 'Announcements' started by shriker, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We’re back with a new style! This time we’re as dark and shrouded as our namesake. I have quite seriously lost track on the amount of upgrades and updates that I’ve done with this version of the site, so I’ll try to pick out the important ones.
    • Player signatures will not be displayed on any In Character board by default.
    • Timestamps may now be seen on top level board views, so you no longer have to go into each individual thread in order to see its timestamp.
    • That annoying bug where your character wouldn't immediately get displayed when you posted has been fixed.
    • Character thread logs are now automatically displaying on character profiles. This is a feature that is still being expanded upon, but in the meantime it gives you a really nice overview.
    • As you write a new thread or reply, your post will AUTOSAVE! Oh, sweet saviour of writing. ;_; Never again will you have to worry about lost posts due to browser crashes.
    • There are some new trophies. Try to catch 'em all!
    • Our site is now completely responsive and mobile friendly. Go ahead and try viewing the site on a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device... or simply resize your browser window to get a taste of some of this sweet awesomeness.
    Account Upgrades / Magos Account
    In addition to Donating to keep Shadowlack alive, you now have the option to purchase an account upgrade through your user settings. At the moment there are absolutely no perks to doing so, but we're working on adding a few more things for you people. ;) If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see added as a perk, please let me know!

2. More character slots for upgrades perhaps?
    *i dont remember what other limitations were put in when the site rebooted*

3. That's certainly a possibility. :) Right now people can create up to four characters for free. After that, it costs 50 Glims to either purchase a new character slot, or retire a character (thereby freeing up a slot).

4. I haven't been RPing so its not a concern for me (i'm lame and have no time T_T ) but i figured that would probably be the most common thing people would be looking for aha XD

5. Aw... Maybe it could end up being a two-for-one for people who have upgraded accounts? So 50 Glims get you two character slots instead of just one. It doesn't take terribly long to get up to 50 for people who are writing semi-regularly. I just don't want to abolish the Glim cost altogether. :P

6. That sounds pretty reasonable : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.