Ramathian Lexicon & Phrasebook

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by shriker, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [h1]Ramathian Lexicon & Phrasebook[/h1]
    I'm looking for some Ramathian phrases/cliches/sayings to add to the Lexicon section of the compendium. :]

You know... how we have things like "flying by the seat of your pants," "pushing the envelope," "straight from the horse's mouth," "barking up the wrong tree," etc.

So if you've got a good Ramathian themed one, let me know so that I can add it to my list. Preferably I'd like to collect them is this sort of format:

2. Saying: Pet Rapine
    Meaning: Someone who seems nice, but is actually far from well-meaning.
    Example: "That Grader guy? I swear, he was a pet Rapine."
    Origin: Comes from a poem with the same title; the poem is about someone (presumably a politician) who is beautiful yet corrupted.

3. Saying:Road of Visions
    Meaning: Nothing is what it appers
    Example: Don't follow the Road of Visions
    Origin: Used by Rloa to younger people

4. Saying: "A Grader's Way"
    Meaning: To die suddenly and/or by conspiracy
    Example: "It was thought he went in a Grader's way."
    Origin: Jodie knows... yessss... Jodie knowsss...

5. Okay, that one made me laugh. XD

Awesome to see we're getting some suggestions here now. :heart: Keep 'em coming and I'll be sure to add another new section on the site for them.

6. Saying: A square wheel
    Meaning: Something that is useless.
    Example: "Honestly, I think that model's a square wheel."
    Origin: A Ramathian poet.

Saying: Fronna
    Meaning: Fromina. (Slang)
    Example: "For Fronna's sake!"
    Origin: Believed to have come from lazy kids who thought that three syllables were too many.

7. Saying: Impaled sunset
    Meaning: Looming death
    Example: "Can't you feel the impaled sunset in here?"
    Origin: Archaeologists in the Machina Ruins

8. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Feb 1 2008, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Okay, that one made me laugh. XD

Awesome to see we're getting some suggestions here now. :heart: Keep 'em coming and I'll be sure to add another new section on the site for them. </td></tr></table>
    I feel like I've accomplished something~
    :heart:

9. lol, welcome. :]

Fronna is a really awesome slang word too. :fishie: I can definitely see my characters using that one. Impaled sunset is also nice and creepy. Dun, dun duuuuun.

10. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Feb 3 2008, 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> lol, welcome. :]

Fronna is a really awesome slang word too. :fishie: I can definitely see my characters using that one. Impaled sunset is also nice and creepy. Dun, dun duuuuun. </td></tr></table>
    Hm... Yesyes, I agree. I like Fronna. xD

Saying: "Of a Rapine's Feather"
    Meaning: A polite and perhaps aristocratic way of saying "Asshole" which has begun to show up in common slang in recent days.
    Example: "Really, a man of a Rapine's Feather."
    Origin: Snobby Rich Folk. :D

11. i don't have anything yet, but i do suggest adding the ramathian words from 'game lingo' into this section in the compendium.

12. Saying: Beaten Fronimaless/Fronnaless (slang)
    Meaning: To be beaten to a pulp!
    Example: "Or do y'want to be beat'n Fronimaless like me?"
    Origin: Slang term used by locals in Black Market.

Saying: To be liraxed away/to lirax someone (slang)
    Meaning: To die without any forewarning, and quite mysteriously/to kill one quietly, quickly, and without a trace.
    Example: "My sister tells me he was liraxed away by a Myshemd!" or "I'll have him liraxed..."
    Origin: Said to have originated from Gyakusatsu where the lirax plant is found. It refers to the plant's silent way of taking one's life, and was created by one of the many con artists located there. The saying trickled its way into the Black Market and other parts of Bhim.

13. Is it just me, or is coming up with slang a lot of fun?

Saying: Kyttle
    Meaning: Kytlekh. (Derogatory slang)
    Example: "Yeah, like Kyttle would give a hatchling's rear-end about that."
    Origin: Unknown; believed to have come from quick-witted rebellious youths.

Saying: Kyttle-lover
    Meaning: 1. Someone who worships Kytlekh; 2. a mean/nasty/bad person. (Derogatory/highly insulting slang)
    Example: "Get off my lawn, you Kyttle-lover!"
    Origin: Most likely came from the same people who came up with Kyttle.

14. Saying: Vaak (shublavaak)
    Meaning: Ramathian's equivalent of the English profanity "shit".
    • noun. Feces.
    • verb. The act of defecating.
    • slang, noun. Lies, worthless information.
    • slang, adjective. Worthless, inferior.
    Example: "Well, that's a load of shublavaak!" or "You look like vaak, what happened!?"
    Origin: The original word, vakat, meaning in Ramathian to defecate, was simply skewed.

15. Saying: n. Nilflame/nilfire/nullflame/nullfire
    Meaning: Derogatory. Someone who lacks magical heritage or power.
    Example: "What a nullfire... Haha, I bet he uses matches to light his tail!"

16. Saying: like a hatchlings breath
    Meaning: Like the opposite of a blessing in disguise, its wonderful at first but then you realize it's unpleasent
    Example: Our marrige is like a hatchlings breath
    Origen: Probably new mothers who were psyched to see thier kids first breath, then realizing it smelled foul.

17. Re: Ramathian Phrasebook

Saying: Vultarjuem
    Meaning: A know-it-all; a smartass (Derogatory)
    Example: "I've known that for years. Now stop being a vultarjuem or get the hell out!"
    Origin: From "vulta rjuem", Ramathian for "false brain".

18. Re: Ramathian Phrasebook

Saying: "...handled that like a Gaukh" Alternative phraseology is to concatenate it to "...like a Gaukh"
    Meaning: Used to colourfully describe another's inability to keep a level head; also pertains to one's fiery attitude in the presence of another or group. Extremely rebellious 'dragons - often teens - are talked to like this.
    Example: "You really could have handled that better, but instead you handled that like a Gaukh." Concatenation: "Why are you always like a Gaukh around him?"
    Origin: The Gaukh, known for its instability and tendency to ignite against small amounts of friction; used first at Honnemdrejp Academy by a Professor to their rebellious student, has since made its way into uncommon conversations and is sometimes used in the heat of the moment to kill a heated conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.