Ramathian Holidays

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Muerrin, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't seem to find this topic in the Knowledge Base, so I wonder if an administrator or someone-in-the-know could help me out. Are there holidays in the world of Ramath-Lehi? If so, what are they, and when? Or what web page did I fail to find, and should I be gonked over the head for missing it? :3 I'm wondering because I feel a depressing Valentine's Day thread coming on, but then again, there may be no such thing as Valentine's here on RaL. xD

2. That's because there aren't any holidays. !_!

If you want to make some up, let me know. We'd just need the date... sort of a description of the event/origin of the holiday. That sort of thing. :duck: I think Ramathian holidays are definately things that need to be added to the site.

3. I'd love to design some holidays for the site! Starting with a definite Valentine's-esque day. xD Shall I just PM the information to you as I finish it, or is there some other form I should use?

4. You can just post the info here. Then other people can contribute as well. :]

5. Okay. *nods* Will do. ^^

6. My first holiday proposition... Tell me if I need to clean up the description or expand on it. :3

Redival
    Dyo 30° - 50°

It is said that the first pendragons were brought to life at the beginning of Dyo, and they blossomed with the bountiful flowers and thrived with the forests which had already graced the planet for many years before Tanastlasei blessed the earth by forming life from its clay. Pendragon knowledge advanced more quickly than even the Creator Goddess had expected, and an unsophisticated but functional language had formed amongst her people before the season was half over. So pleased was the Goddess with her people that she gave them a marvelous gift - fire. Redival is the celebration of the gift of fire, a two-week festival where torches burn proudly in the center of every town and city. Many cultural displays are brought into the streets, such as dancing, playacting, music, the vending of art, and refined cuisine, to represent and celebrate the continued advancement of pendragon culture.

Redival is considered an auspicious time of prosperity and growth. Nioties born between the 30° and 50° are considered blessed by Tanastlasei, and even business agreements, purchases or trades are considered to have good fortune.

7. how about a magic day, when all the mages who are forced to do work all year round get a chance to rest? XD

8. Is that considered your Valentine's Day-esque holiday? I'd love to make one like Valentine's.

9. I think you should definitely write up a holiday that's similiar to Valentine's. It would most likely take place on Dympui, as that's the day named after the goddess of love. :)

10. What quarter and day is Dyumpai?

Lybaj'tpui
    Tessera 9th to 29th

In the beginning, there was nothing. As Tanastlasei breathed life, and she happened upon Cyudiha (later to be Ramath-lehi) she found there was a certain lack of something. A malfunction that maimed her people, the pendragons. A virus that couldn't be purged away. Something that, once opened, was irretrievable, irremovable, indeniable, and unstoppable. It was called hatred. So when Dymikca was blinked to life out of Fromina and blessed the 'dragons with love, countering hate, the Creator Goddess was overjoyed. She gave her thriving people a day to celebrate their love and compassion: Lybaj'tpui, or simply 'Tpui. In this two-week long holiday beginning on Dyumpai 9 of Dyo, gifts are exchanged, flowers given, and lovers walk together and publicly show their passion. At night, though, the real show begins. In city streets, boulevards, and nightclubs, flame burns along the streets, and entertainers and dancers perform impossible feats until the wee hours.

Nioties born on the days of 'Tpui are considered to be skilled in arts such as seduction and acrobatics, and to be blessed by Dymikca.

11. Dympui is one of the days of the week. Check out the calendar http://shadowlack.com/timestamp.phphere</a>. It's a paquitten (weekend) day and falls every ninth day... woo.

12. 'Kay. It's finished... tell me if I need to fix anything.

13. Added them both to the compendium. :D

14. Yay. I have another one. :D

Ahoner
    Tria 20° to 30°

It is said that when the Ramathian deities first brought happiness upon Cyudiah, the pendragons created a feast in their honor- one of merriness and joy. Ahoner was originally far more religious, but over time, the week-long festival has changed into something far different. Taking place from twentieth of Tria to the thirtieth, Ahoner is a time where one is actually expected to be drunk, high, and running on a thread of one-night-stands. Most notable, though, are the huge celebirity parties which take place during Ahoner in vast mansions until dawn- gatherings of Ramath-lehi's most well-known figures and the idols of society.

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Attrius Infernus @ Mar 17, 2006, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yay. I have another one. :D

Ahoner
    Tria 20° to 30°

It is said that when the Ramathian deities first brought happiness upon Cyudiah, the pendragons created a feast in their honor- one of merriness and joy. Ahoner was originally far more religious, but over time, the week-long festival has changed into something far different. Taking place from twentieth of Tria to the thirtieth, Ahoner is a time where one is actually expected to be drunk, high, and running on a thread of one-night-stands. Most notable, though, are the huge celebirity parties which take place during Ahoner in vast mansions until dawn- gatherings of Ramath-lehi's most well-known figures and the idols of society. </td></tr></table>
    Added... lol, nice one.

16. I've got a couple Anubian ones:

Quangest
    Tria 25-42
    One of the few Anubian holidays participated by all the Anubi. It is the day of the first victam of the plague was diagnosed, it ends on the day she died. These are days of mourning, prayer, and general worship. Temples display black banners with heavy embriodery. This is the day when many go and visit tombs of thier ancestors, or choose to bury those who have died recently of the fatal illness.

Guardian's Birthdays
    Unknown, alledgedly dates are used from an ancient calander.
    Different parts of the deserts have differnet dates for these festivals, but are usually the grandest celebrations of all. This is the day where whole cities seemed to be coated in gold. Rich foods, finest drinks, and general wealth is spread about in joyess celebration. This is the Anubi's happiest days of the year, children born on these days usually grow up to be priests and priestess. A parade happens in the larger cities with the priests showing off their latest large summons, while the lowers hand out toys and trinkets to the crowds around them. Each celebration differs from temple to temple, but all have a common theme of great happiness and joy.

17. date.
    Tria 40th to Tria 50th.

description.
    Tumhuem can be seen as something of the Ramathian equivalent of the terran Halloween- except in the aspect that there's no candy-giving. Dressed in costumes (often with themes tied to death, horror, and the macabre, as with the holiday's ancient relation), groups of 'dragons attend huge parties and masquerades that begin at around ten o'clock (this custom was started after the first Tumhuem party).

And, just like its Dyoian counterpart, Lybaj'tpui, Tumhuem is the time for celebrity partying. Beginning at ten o'clock on Tria 40th (the first night of Tumhuem), the rich and famous will invite over masses of those of their own social standing to their own mansions and estates, with the parties usually ended at around two in the morning. The partiers than go to sleep during the day until ten o'clock has come around again, and the party is rekindled again. A select few (usually those close to the host) will stay at the host's residence for the entire week, until the holiday has ended. However, most just hop from party to party.

The exact origins of the holiday are unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.