Ramath-Lehi Novelty

Thread in 'Game-Related' started by Lycanshero, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I came to thinking last night about something that could be possible and hit the records. I don't know if this was mention already, but I do know what was mention, was a possiblity for Ramath-Lehi being a movie, why not books, stories, or novels, even though you lot are writting here all day... hehe

What came to mind was, could it actually be possible for a novel that was written about or a series about Ramath-Lehi?

P.S. to Administrator or staff members, would it be alright for me to write a novel or series about Ramath-Lehi with your premission that is?

Any more details needed, just ask... my imagination is running free these times.

And this is for those, who fear that they would break my heart, "Don't be afraid to blow me off, that this ain't going to work", because it's a lot hard to break my heart than a simple blow off... :) hehe

2. Seems like a good idea to me but it would need permission. especially if in this book/thing you use characters from Ral's history and of course the races and so forth.

If this is possible then it might make a good publicity thing though that depends on if it can be printed and how widely printed. ^^

3. Hmmm, i dont personally think the idea would get off the ground but thats just me. You would be stuck picking out the worldwide events that have happened to put in it. I don't think it would be fair to have some peoples RPs or related in a book or anything, and have some peoples NOT be in it if you were to do it that way, like a compilation of poetry (except RPs instead.)

Or you would be making a whole new story which would kinda of be like how people make movies out of books, they take the general idea and then change it all and have stuff completely non related to anything.

Well, class is over, so i have to head now.

4. Ah, yeah. Permission would definitely be needed, and a lot of details would have to be worked out. I can't really give any sort of "go ahead" with a project of that magnitude, as I'd have to retain rights and there's all sorts of legalities.

With that said, I really don't mind the idea of a short story anthology. Whether it be comprised of actual roleplay posts, or just, well, short stories. While printed publication isn't a feasible option (yet), it is easy enough to publish an "e-book" of sorts. It's actually something that I've been thinking about. :)

5. I think it's a good idea to write short stories and show them.

6. But we'll need to organize the timestamps and permission of using other peoples characters.

(Hard, but worth it!)

7. But, what if you want to use only your characters.

8. well that woundn't be fun, i can hardly do one page without geting bored.

9. Well, If I ask Jynx if I can use Jynx, the story would be about Pendzez's near-death Experience

10. I'm glad, I hit many peaks... hehe and Shriker, an e-book sound alright and I must of read deep in your mind for the idea... hehe... And Crystal, I get where those Ideas come from, but that's how it is... you start from the ground, now going up in the air is a little harder to do, but dedication is one of the main keys of getting there, now change the main theme or following the theme at a different angle, that requires premission, I want to keep the main theme.

Dark Eyed Dragon had a pretty good idea, but those will be called series of Ramath-Lehi. To do something like this requires premission from the staff and the owners of the characters you want to use... Series is one of the things I want to do, but mainly what I was looking for was a main serie scene of Ramath-Lehi.

"and to publicize a book, but that was one of those 1 to 100 chances or something like that..."

11. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Apr 11 2008, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    With that said, I really don't mind the idea of a short story anthology. Whether it be comprised of actual roleplay posts, or just, well, short stories. </td></tr></table>
    I prefer some short stories rather than IC posts, although there are some threads that are pretty amazing. The one thing I don't like about reading IC is that, the longer the posts are, the stranger the shift in perspective is. Of course, things can be altered and edited but I think you'd all know what I'm talking about.

A number of shorts sound pretty interesting though, reminds me of back when I had that Cricket (or was it Cicada) magazine. They had some interesting stories (and the most awesome comic about a group of insects ever... you can't imagine how heartbroken I was when they all fell down a waterfall which was actually a sewer pipe drain... and my magazine subscription ended. I'll never know what happened now ;_;).

We'll need some of the world's most interesting characters for it. The ones that have been most developed in the writer's mind since they've been here.

12. and give a horrific or interesting problem to the story line.

13. I think it's a great idea, and this sci-fi, fantasy is so popular right now...I think it could be big if done right and with the right people. I don't think it would be possible to use everybodys characters or plots though. It would have to be a seperate thing with a new plot and different time period. I think it would have to be completly new. And if the proper information was used and copyrights it could work out. I think its a way cool idea I have given it some thought too.

14. and about the "publishing" I have some people who would be willing to look it over and send it to an agent if it really is good material.

15. Ok, a series, in story wise is a story with the same title, but different subtitle and story to it. (Example: Ramath-Lehi: Ebony Wave (this was made up to prove a point)). So, if you want to try something like that, it'll get majority of all the characters, but still for "publishing" and/or rights to do a book, still requires premission. Now if this was being trialed on making a main plot story then that will be harder, since limited characters can be used for it, but this is my points out. hehe... I'm kinda glad this hit many peaks to people... :)

16. well, yeah, but for a short story, permission for making and characters, yes, but the plot, I don't think so.

17. I think a comic book would be wicked cool too...

18. Dark Eyed Dragon, I said the main plot would be premission, but a serial plot would, depend on what you are going to write about...

Benji, good idea, that would be wicked...

19. I personally would be enthralled in such a book. But, as Shriker had said, you would have quite a few legal issues to cover. As for your example for the title thing, I think that would attract a lot of readers. Getting legal permission for characters would be your biggest problem, especially if you're the lazy kind of person like most of us are nowadays, you would have to ask multiple people for their permission, it would be too much.

But as I said, it would be an awesome idea. My character in the RP is writing a book based on the life stories of people he meets. I could write a short story in chapters of what he is writing on here.

Also: If you do write it, it would be a good idea to post it here (Assuming you have permission for everything) do you can get the opinion of everyone. This would be a good idea, say that someone doesn't like a part you wrote with them in it, you could omit that or change it.

20. Or we could all get rich and famous if we wrote a joined novel! XD I don't really think getting permission is that big of deal, as long as credit is given where credit is do... or skip over that issue and creatate new characters?

This sounds fun can I help? ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.