other boards?

Thread in 'General Chat' started by phylus, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i figured a lot of us roleplay on boards outside of RAL and it might be fun to share that information. on top of that, maybe a little background on your writing experience.

so, i'll begin!

i just started to roleplay at two other boards:
    SYoF - http://z9.invisionfree.com/setyourselfonfire/http://z9.invisionfree.com/setyourselfonfire/</a>
    i just started playing there as Natasjah. it's run by some really old roleplay buddies of mine. i'm a little tentative about being there, but i'm sure it'll be fine. c:

WNL - http://z13.invisionfree.com/northernlights/http://z13.invisionfree.com/northernlights/</a>
    an old wolf RPG that i used to roleplay at with my character Kitawni was re-earthed and is now up and running again. again, owned by an old roleplay buddy of mine. :heart:

i've been roleplaying for... 8 years s: now, started out when i was 12 on neopets. i haven't written any stories, novels, or anything like that. although i think i should.

2. At the moment, no where else. And that's how it's been for the last few years. When I first threw myself into roleplaying 5 years ago I tried out different forums. But now I have really high standards of forums and less time then I used to.

Writing on the other hand, well I was looking at my old report cards a few months ago, and from grade 3 on wards it was common to see, 'Kylie likes to create a share stories'. I remembered I tried to write novels in grade 4, that was when I could only make it a few chapters in with mary-sue characters and dragons. My writing used to often have dragons. This was the same time in my life I started to read like crazy. Devouring all books that came my way.

Thanks to NaNoWriMo I have two novels under my belt, neither of which do I consider readable by other people, but they still make me feel good. And on top of that I have other small writing projects from years ago.

Writing for me has always been a release, something emotional and personal. Which is why it probably took me a while to get into the swing of role playing, even though I still feel awkward from time to time ;)

Hmm, maybe got a littler carried away right there. I'm used to trying to always have a high word count at the moment...

3. <span style='color:red'>Here's a list of them:
    -Fanfiction.net
    -Dragonscove
    -Fictionpress.com

^^ And that's it...so far. XD</span>

4. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lautir @ Nov 26 2008, 08:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> At the moment, no where else. And that's how it's been for the last few years. When I first threw myself into roleplaying 5 years ago I tried out different forums. But now I have really high standards of forums and less time then I used to. </td></tr></table>
    Me, in a nutshell at this point.

Although, I don't really roleplay too much now, overseeing everyone else is almost nostalgic... Reminds me of the good ol' days when I didn't have anything in the future to worry about. Now my entire life is about time travel... @_@

Now that I think about it, I was supposed to release our yearly report yesterday, on my Ramathian anniversary (five years guys!). I'll get to that after the chaos over here dies down a bit.

(Lautir and I also have a THREAD to start/finish >:) )

5. Woo, happy Raliversery :D<br /><br /><strike>Now we can have 5 stars together!</strike> This means nothing >_><br /><br />It make take us two years to wait for you to finish school before we get around to finishing/starting that/those threads xD Or just take them really slow...

6. :p kinda, sorta. I'm not as swamped as it seems. I end up having a lot of free time (due to bad allocation of work, but hey, I still have it <_<). I'll think about it, after I get food in the belly.

7. I am at no other games at the moment. Sort of don't have the time with my brain missing and the last jog of my degree to finish up.

I joined this one game a few months back though, but then ended up being severely disappointed when it turned out to be just someone's silly social experiment. It sort of exploded and died.

RP history in a nutshell: Started 11 years ago. Only really got into organized games ~9 years ago. Started off at message board rpgs (Aggellafe, Horses4Ever, etc.), got into chat based ones (Sinlahekin!), and then back to message boards (Neopets, Ral, etc.) once again due to time being an issue.

8. yeah. i was thinking about trying out an IRC based roleplay called City of Unity or something like that, but then i bailed. i know in the future i won't have time for it.

i'm scared of what will happen to me when university starts. the coming year is looking really busy.

and i never see you two post, especially you Sky. it makes a little part of me dieee ):

i'm picky about the boards i go on -- mostly, though, i like to stick to ones where i know people... i like to help keep my friends' boards alive.

9. I tend to not RP during school (or do any else during school really), because I know at some point I'll just leave it hanging or get sloppy, so I try to always wait till break and cram in a few threads every year xD

I don't think I could handle chat based roleplays, I move around to much when I'm at my computer. Go for a walk around the house, check the fridge, go up and down the stairs a few times, check the fridge again...

There's never anything to eat in my fridge, but some day...

10. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phylus @ Nov 27 2008, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    and i never see you two post, especially you Sky. it makes a little part of me dieee ):
    </td></tr></table>
    <_< >_>; I was hoping no one noticed that. I like to breeze around a lot. Add in stuff every now and then. I rarely RP though because I know what'll happen. I have a bad habit of having unfinished threads. So, instead, I opt to just make RaL a better place. Which is why I'm trying to compile the '08 events that have happened. I'll have a lot more time later on tomorrow. This Thanksgiving was a trip :p

11. hehe, American Thanksgiving's are so weird... it's snowy here, no weather for turkey!

and, YES. i notice it Sky... i've been making notes. -shifty eyes- yeah, i don't like them free-hanging, loose and unfinished threads either though. hence why i'm trying to get somebody to plot with me. intro threads = stifling. ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.