InvisionBoard

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just letting you know that you should be able to log into the new forum using your old Ikonboard username and password. If this doesn't work, try using the password retrieval option in order to change your password so that you can login.

2. Gee. Really? We switched? I couldn’t tell. :lol:

3. Ugh...This is BAD. I can't log in, as I don't remember the password, and if I try to use the retrieval thing, I can't use that, as the E-mail on it does not work anymore, as I forgot to change it...So now I'm stuck. I tried the password retrieval, just in case its maybe my other one thats not broken but...Yea. >_O Sorry, but is there anyway for me to get logged in now? *blinks* I feel really stupid ^^;

4. I can change the email address to a new one on your account if that's needed. :)

5. ^^ Yay! Thats a relief...The E-mail address that works is Velocirontor@aol.com And for some reason, it has to be capitalized, or else it doesn't work either Oo; Stupid AOL...

When you change it, should I do the retrieval thing again, then?

6. All changed. You should be able to request your password now. :)

7. Hey, looks great. I had no problems logging in whatsoever. This board does seem a bit easier to use, maybe I'm just imagining things...

8. That's good to hear. ^^; I'm going to be editing all of the layouts/graphics for the forum eventually. Right now I'm just putting the FAQ back together. I'm going to be adding a glossary list as well... and maybe a few other things. When they'll be done? Time can only tell. :P

9. I can't get into my account, either!!! O_o
    It sure looks cool, though. I'll have to get used to it.

10. ..And I forgot to add (sorry!!)...will we be able to retrieve the old HTML coding for our characters? I hope I didn't lose that stuff. :S

11. Okay, after about 15 minutes of fumbling with activation codes and such, I finally got back into my account. o_O;

12. I don't have admin to change people's titles..?

13. ... What happened to Janardan?? :o :o :o -cries- Wah....

Edit: Oops.. didn't see it x.x its there.. my bad x.x

14. and I can't post my new character profile in the character profiles section x.x it keeps saying fatal error :( :blink:

15. ARRGH! First, I forgot my old password, so I retrieved it. I get a new password, everything works, lala. Then I log out, and on my next visit, it says that my new password is wrong, so have to retrieve it again... and so on. *bangs his head into the keybohgythjghghhyghygard* And what happened to the :ghost: smilie?

16. What is the exact error that you're getting? Copy and paste it for me.

17. The same thing just happened to me. ^^; I'm looking into that. It has to do with the convertor (I think). Ikonboard and InvisionBoard both store their passwords differently. When you login to InvisionBoard for the first time, your old Ikonboard password (which appears the same to you) gets encoded differently. So what's happening is the login page is still expecting you to be logging in with your old, non converted password (I think, once again). I'm going to report it as a bug and see if I can set up a separate login for those who have already logged into InvisionBoard once.

Thos ghoast smilie is currently on vacation scaring some people in Cuba. Once Jodie is done with all the major problems, she'll send for him. ;)

18. Mm... Those that are logging into InvisionBoard for the FIRST time will have to use the password retrieval thing. Those that have already logged in once, should have no problem now. There's still no real fix to make those logging in for the first time be able to though. We have to wait until they come out with a new convertor... not to mention that I think unregistered support sort of lacks. --;

19. Wonderful! It works again!! *insert mad laughter here*

...I cannot wait fer the ghost's return. I'll use this one while I wait for 'im: :wacko:

20. It looks really cool - I especially love the fact that all your personal stuff is in one folder :) I lost the list of the topics I was tracking though - is that just me or did anyone else have the same prob?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.