Idea for a Trade!!!

Thread in 'World Building' started by Lycanshero, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I have a trade that might be interesting, but I'm also curious.

The trade is Blood Magic or Blood Sorcery.

The ability to use your own blood as a weapon or a defense.

Just tell me if I need more info, I'm kind of new at this suggestion thing.

2. More info please =)

3. Actually, the same kind of thing was used in Black Cat. Chardon uses his Reign Of Blood by making blood from thin air in his hand and uses it as an offense and defense.

4. Blood Magic or Blood Sorcery is the use of your own blood as a weapon or a defense. It also allows you to summon things from your blood, for example: a weapon (Blood Sword), a defense (Blood Barriers), Blood Wards to either hurt or hinder your opponent, and Blood Minions. The userÂ’s blood regenerates much faster than normal, but the more magic you use can get you closer to losing your life or other symptoms.

I hope this will help, if you want me to go even more in depth. I'll be more than happy to do so.

5. Mm... I don't know. It sounds to me like it'd be used to power play. I could see a big fight and the loser would be Journeyman in Blood Sorcery (to coin it). He/She would reach into his/her blood and pull out a double edged halberd, and from then on the fight would be really unbalanced and rather... unbelievable. Trade suggestions should be believable. I can't see using one's own blood to form solid objects as realistic. So.. while side effects are a good thing to have for such a 'powerful' suggestion, -these- side effects would need to be very dire indeed.

Just to pick up on a couple things...

"The userÂ’s blood regenerates much faster than normal..." This is partially why it strikes me as a way to God-mode. You have a definite advantage over an opponent. I would assume also that, as the character's ability increases, their ability to generate more blood would improve as well. A Master in Blood Sorcery would be, almost, unmatched. He/She would be one of the most fit people on the planet, too. So much blood would mean so much oxygen. A new player with his head screwed on tightly would make that assumption and play their character (rightly, might I add) as the fastest sprinter on Ramath-lehi. I wouldn't be able to knock it XD

"...but the more magic you use can get you closer to losing your life..." Can. That doesn't necessarily mean will. You see what I mean about having dire consequences?

Um.. to throw another idea in the mix.. "Blood Barriers". Just for the sake of the matter, if someone were to say to me ICly their character put up a "Blood Barrier", I would ask myself what exactly would be stopping my character from getting through a liquid barrier. I could come up with a number of reasons, but again it comes down to being realistic.

Jodie may have a different opinion. For now, though, I don't think it'd work all too well. If you have some more information, then please do post it up (:

6. I agree with Dumu. It's like something you got from an anime japanese cartoon and modified it and I know Japanese Cartoons. It's like the Chardon guy from Black Cat

7. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dark Eyed Dragon @ Nov 26 2007, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I agree with Dumu. It's like something you got from an anime japanese cartoon and modified it. </td></tr></table>
    How would you suggest he improves on it? =)

8. Well, on Black Cat, this Chardon can use blood as a magic weapon with his own blood however he doesn't seem to get weaker by it. Now what Lycan has done is like he took the same thing and changed it. But however I don't have ideas sorry.

9. The Idea came from a book known as The Manual of all Magic.

Blood Magic is the use of your blood as an offensive and defensive ability, which requires self sacrifice of blood to make and equal balance, for example: to make your blood into a weapon (depending on the weapon type), you need to sacrifice an amount of blood to equal the same amount of the weapon you are trying to create.
    Blood Wards and Blood Minions are different on the sacrificial limit. Depending on the strength of the ward or minion depends the amount of blood you must sacrifice to use them. The more blood you sacrifice can either aid or hurt you, depending on the situation. The more blood you sacrifice for the magic can get you closer to losing your life or other symptoms.

10. Does it talk about a process through which one must go in order to convert normal blood into a magical kind?

I could see this being some kind of ritual performed by those with a high Necromancy trade for show purposes. You may wish to consider writing up everything you know about this idea and presenting it with a story, or rules and regulations on who can and cannot practise this thing... That's what I think.. I don't think it could go forward as a trade, as such. But there may be other ways to inject this concept into Ral.

11. The trade proposal reminds me somewhat of biokinesis. The manipulation of living matter (blood in this case) with your mind. Maybe you could have a character with trades in both necromancy and biokinesis and consider him a type of blood magician.

12. True... a Necromancer can know Blood Magic, but they are more of a Blood Necromancer then, (The use of blood to bring things back from the dead).

A Blood Mage is where I'm trying to go. In games and other things say that Blood Mages are healers, but Blood magic can be either healer or an offensive/defensive spellcaster.

But, it can be the use of Necromancy and Biokinesis, if that is what the board is going to say, then I'll back down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.