hello again, ramath-lehi. i'd like to lurk.

Thread in 'General Chat' started by limegreencola, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I was a member here yeeears ago... I think it was 2003? (Before that I was a member of Seize the Night, where I went by Kimi. Doubt anyone remembers.) I noticed a picture I drew of my character way back when is now on the pendragon information page in the wings paragraph as an example of draconic wings. The electric blue and black girl. Gosh I feel so honored. *blush*

So I've been dreaming up a character for a while but I'm still working out the kinks, so for now I'd just like to lurk. I noticed you guys allowed people to make Aquabats for a week... I can't believe I missed that! Darnit. :B I was thinking of making her a surfer so that would've been perfect, so now maybe I'll just take her in a completely different direction.

Enough rambling..
    Glad to see Ramath-lehi is doing well. :)

2. i don't have the authority vested in me to do that, but i'm sure Dumu can get on it. -jingles a little butler bell- >D you were apart of StN? if you remember anything, i went by Maddeh. i never joined StN but i definitely did some of the roleplaying with you folk...

anyway, welcome back. once you're official with your character, you should roleplay with me. Ploy or Lamaria definitely do water.

3. Maddeh! I definitely remember you. You were a very good roleplayer. It's been so long, though, that I'm not totally confident I remember your characters.... Did you have a cyborg? Actually that may have been another Maddeh. :/ But I digress.

I really like Ploy's design, he's super-cool. :D I'd love to kickstart a thread with you once I apply and (hopefully) get accepted, especially if we can work out a plot. I don't know when that will be, though... like I said, I'm still working out her kinks. I just have so many ideas and some of them conflict, so I'm trying to figure out in what direction I'll take her. I think reading through some other character profiles is helping a lot... for example, I was originally thinking of making her a healer focusing on the mental dimension, but now that I see that your character is that, I'm totally backing off the idea. I really want something unique, you know?

So yeah, don't know when, but sometime soon, for sure. By the by, Ploy is a heavy drinker? So is my character... going to be. What's the Ramathian equivalent of alcohol? That might be a totally stupid question that has been answered somewhere... to be honest I haven't finished reading up on all of the flora. I need to, though, since drugs and alcohol are going to be very important to my character.

Ramblerambleramble...

4. Hehe, hi there =p you were here a year before I joined, so I don't remember you in the least ;) However, it's great to have an Oldie back!! Welcome back ;) you knew you couldn't escape for long.

As far as I know, I can't lurkerise you. That'll then fall to the Almighty Jodles.

The character application process is working differently now. Back in 2003 and 2004 the application process was being done by sending an e-mail with the char details to the mods/admins and they replied with a rejection/approval. Now, your application will go into our CharBox (as I love to call it ^^) and it then requires 2/3 yes/no replies for a decision to be made on it. You are also then given the feedback in a PM and you can (like always) check on the status of your charrie in your Control Panel! =) I was about to head over to our CharBox, in fact, to see what's kicking around in there ^_^ I'm on often, so if you need anyone to prod, poke or scream at... *holds Phylus up as a personal shield*

5. Ah neat, a 03' member! woot. But yeah, only Lord Shriker can lurker you, but I'm pretty sure your account will be safe for now.

In any case, welcome back. Hope you stick around this time.

6. pfft, you don't have lurkerizing powers? you are weak Dumu, weak. -shakes head... while being held up as a shield?!- it does not help that i'm tiny irl and would most definitely be the first among my friends to be used for that purpose. ;|

and i most definitely did not have a cyborg character, miss Coladoll, haha. i did have Ice, my hottie. :heart: i haven't drawn him in ages. as for Ploy and your character having a kick off thread... i'd adore that. c: and if you want to make your character an empath, i'm really not opposed to it but i understand the need for uniqueness too. bahaha, i think i'm gonna go peak at votre charrie.

7. Skylink- Thanks. I will as long as time permits. I mean, I dunno, I'm sure if I get into grad school it's gonna be a buttload of work. Hell, even next semester when I transfer to a writing-intensive private university, get a job, AND finish my court-order community service hours, it's gonna be hella busy. T-T

Maddeh- Hahaha xD I would be the first one, too. I'm like 95 lbs or somesort. And thank ya darlin', but it's all good. I just thought that would be an easy direction to take a first charrie since that's what I'm studying for irl. But now I'm pretty excited about this other idea... not terribly unique but I haven't seen an existing charrie that is it yet...

Dumu- I read the announcement on the new application process. That's a good idea. I also think I read somewhere that the joining quiz is abolished? But there's still a link to it?
    Dude don't say that. I get mightily annoying when I'm bored. :3

So for everyone that can actually read pending new character applications... anything you can slyly tell me, as far as what's really overdone and what's really needed, that's not already on the wanted characters page?

8. As in what an original character is on Ral these days? :P

And have you actually submitted your charrie? Cuz I don't see it.

9. What! a new charrie on teh rocks! :3 ( not many charries lately)

oh man i need some works to doooooo!

I wasn't here when you were, i was like a year after Dumu here, but i'm one of the character reader people things >_>

but yeaaaah hiiiiiiiiii :cookie:

10. haha, i'm around the same weight as you too! wow, i don't think i've ever actually met somebody who compares to me height wise and weight wise. you better post some photos up on the photo thread. c:

anyway, i'm gonna stop spamming this thread with love notes. hurr. oh and you don't need to call me Maddeh. it's been long deceased. i go by leaf (an actual nickname) or our usernames here.

11. My bad, phylus. Maybe I will... but I feel weird putting my photo on the internet. I'll think about it. Yeah, us tiny people are rare. We're like real-life Feydragons... all lovely and whatnot. I have only one friend who's shorter than me, she's 4'11".... LEGALLY HANDICAPPED xDD rofl.

Dumu- No, I haven't actually submitted her yet. Like I said, I'm still working her out. I've started writing the application but I'm torn as to a couple of things, including her primary trade. So I'm taking some time to read existing character profiles, trying to see what's done a lot or what's needed or what kind of niche she could fit into. So yea... what an original character is these days, I guess... though by asking what originality is, I guess it isn't originality at all. xD;

Hiiiii Morichai. *waves franticly* Nice ta meecha. That's too bad about the charries. Ramath-lehi is such an imaginative place.. we should really get swarms.

My this is a long Help Desk thread. I am such a bother.

12. Hey Kimi, I remember ya. If you're the Kimi I'm recalling anyway. Haha. :) It's cool to see another StNer. Welcome back to Ramath. ^_^ :fishie:

You <i>may</i> be able to make an aquabat around Christmas, if you're wanting to hold out for one.

Ah, did you want me to lurkerize your account, or do you think you'll be making a character in the near future?

As for things to watch out on character applications, there are a bunch of little things. Just try not to make a character that is too much of a cliche/Mary/Gary Stu. I also sort of wish I had a dollar for every character whose parents are either dead, have mysteriously disappeared, or simply abandoned their offspring. :P

13. haha, in the Children's Literature course i took last summer, that was a prevalent theme in most popular children's stories: parent abandonment!

14. Banned for spamming. XD

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shriker @ Nov 16 2008, 08:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I wish I had a dollar for every character whose parents are either dead, have mysteriously disappeared, or simply abandoned their offspring. :P </td></tr></table>
    lol, gotta catch em' all.

16. Hahaha xD Yea, Disney was like that. Apparently Walt Disney's parents were both killed on the same night and that's why he was obsessed with the idea. 0o; At least that's what I heard.
    I wish my school offered cool courses like Children's Literature. The coolest one I've taken so far is Human Sexuality and evvverry college has that. :/

Hi Jodie, glad you kinda remember me. And like I said, it's cool you used my picture. What a flashback! Say... is Kat still around? Or any other StNers?
    I think I'll be submitting my application /very/ soon, so if my account is safe without lurker status, then I guess it's not a big deal. I just wasn't sure what the procedure was.

17. are you coming, are you coming, are you coming? -excited-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.