Happy FIFTH Hatchday!

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So it's mid-July again. :) Which means that Ramath-lehi is officially five years old. At least the online version of the game is five years old... pendragons and the world of Ramath-lehi itself was conceived in 1997...

Which means that we're "technically" ten years old. oO;

When you think about that, it's actually rather humbling. At least for me. I've spent nearly half of my life playing around with this idea. Letting friends and strangers add onto it. Generally just letting the entire world snowball and expand.

I like that we're different from your average play-by-post game. Yes, forum-based roleplaying is a niche market. Not everyone has the attention span nor patience to get involved with it. Which means that Ramath-lehi isn't a game for everyone. It never was, and probably never will be.

What Ramath-lehi is though, is a safe haven for creativity. Over the years here, I've watched people develop both their writing as well as their artistic abilities. It's been amazing. Really. To watch these talented people flourish here.

I think that what I'm most thankful for are the members who have stuck to this site through thick and thin. You may not have been here since the very beginning, but you're here now. That's what counts. While being here, people have graduated from public school, from high school, from college/university...

Ramath-lehi has longevity. It will still be here for many years to come. I can guarantee you that. We've got long term goals.

Thank you for being a part of this world and contributing to it! :]

:heart: :cake: :rapine:

2. Cheers ^.^

Well said

3. My hair hasn't turned grey yet, so it's still good. :D

4. Bwaaaaaaaa! That almost made me cry. ;__; I love you Jods, I love you Ramath-Lehi. *huggles all her characters*

Ral was one of the first and is the last of the forum rps that I have played. I made my first set of real personalized in-depth characters here. I started in a couple other forums before, but the forum hoster always gave up the idea and the whole thing stagnated. And then I found Ramath-Lehi and when all the other rp forums I had joined are already gone, Ral is still here. *cries*

Thinking about how long Ral has been here makes me want to do things for it. Make flora and fauna suggestions, make a new character, work on the stupid Menlo idea, make little smilies, make some downloads, draw comics, make an animation out of pendragons. Gorsh I love Ral.

Happy Hatchday RAL! *throws confetti*

:tophat:
    :rapine:

5. Wow, five years and still going strong. It feels like forever ago that I first started hanging around here. If it weren't for Ramath I may have spent the last four years wondering the internet like a drifter :p

This place has been such a huge influence in my life I have no idea who I'd be without it. :heart:

Happy 5th Hatchday RaL :D :heart:

6. And when I think about it I've almost spent two years here. I don't normally have the attention span to do that.

Cheers everyone :D I feel happy now :heart:

As Lautir said, this place has had a HUGE influence on me. Hell, I wouldn't be the Draconan I am today without everyone here.

Happy fifth birthday RaL :D

7. Five years and counting :p, its kind of sad though ive been inactive for months and it seems almost like things are flying past me. I sould PM Kattius about that old pirate thread so i will finally have somthing to do.

That said HAPPY HATCH DAY RAL :D

8. I love this place and everyone in it. I don't know what I'd do without RaL :) it's like a second home.

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HAPPY HATCHDAY RAL!</span></span>

9. Cheers!
    I've been here for three years now, although my activity dropped at certain times. I never stopped being a lurker! Ramath-lehi has always been my home, and it always will be. :)

You're all amazing, staff & members!

10. ^-^! Like Lautir, had I not come across Ral three years ago, I wouldn't have done anything useful with my time. Because of Ral, I met some of the most influencial people in the area of anthro art and I still regard them very highly indeed!

Well, over the three years, so much has happened in and out of character; it's almost been like a sitcom or soap. We've had the mushy, gushy, lovey dovey times, and times where tempers have - well - gone pop. There've been some really sad times seeing people leave. Of course, it's great to have had even more people join!

You've done an incredible job keeping this site going, Jodsie. Thank you for providing such a unique RPing experience. Most of all: thanks for comitting yourself through thick and thin. I can, as I'm sure many of us can, only guess how frustrating things have gotten with hosts and the like. You've always kept us up to date; you've never let us down and continue to surprise us all.

Yaw da best, lass!

And y'know, one of these days we're going to rally en masse and kidnap you to celebrate =p *shifty eyes*

11. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jynx @ Jul 19 2007, 01:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I love this place and everyone in it. I don't know what I'd do without RaL :) it's like a second home.

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HAPPY HATCHDAY RAL!</span></span> </td></tr></table>
    Heh exactly as i was thinking.

12. If I wasn't here for the past three years, I don't think my Public Speaking and Senior Thesis papers would've been so creative. I mean, really, who else takes a bet to use "What would Jesus do?" as their opening sentence in their thesis paper and gets a 95? (Sadly, I can't use questions as a thesis itself, but at least I can open it up that way)

I blame this website for enabling me to procrastinate on papers, and then write them so beautifully, that it's as if I've been writing for a lifetime. Thanks guys.

13. This place is beautiful. I love it.

'Nuff said. :heart:

14. I just had to post on this topic. There was no way I could get out of it. 'specially since it came so soon after my hatchday. RaL and I are close in terms of hatchdays! Whee!

*ahem* Anyway...

What a great site this is. No matter how active or inactive I am, I'm still drawn to RaL. Reading other peoples' RPing, and doing RPing myself, has helped to improve my storytelling and writing abilities. (Read some of my old posts to see what I mean.) Just looking at this topic brings back memories of good times...

In fact, it made me realise that over the years, I've had some great character ideas - and I've decided that I'm going to bring some of these ideas back in the form of new characters.

And I'm proud of little Osador. He's one of my favourites nowadays, even though I hardly RP him. I should, really. He's just adorable in his own way.

...ah, I ramble. Oh well. Happy Hatchday... to Ramath-Lehi!

15. ... So then I think now would be as good a time as any for me to return.

I'm happy that Ral's gettin' a big jump here. It's really cool. However, there's one thing in your awesome post that I'd like to touch on.

"I like that we're different from your average play-by-post game. Yes, forum-based roleplaying is a niche market. Not everyone has the attention span nor patience to get involved with it. Which means that Ramath-lehi isn't a game for everyone. It never was, and probably never will be".

Well, uhm, I know it's just as dust-covered as I, but... The Ramath-Lehi RPG : The Fronima Emprise wasn't abandoned (the computer-based RAL RPG - for the Final Fantasy-lover in all of us).

It's just on Hiatus.

Yeah, I've still got all the data that I worked on, along with teh original sprites created by PirateFerret (and modified by myself), and I still work constantly on musical scores for varous things, including the game.

With some luck, and maybe a jump-start of inspiration, I may very well get this game done someday. ^^

16. Happy Birthday RaL. All I can say. :heart:

17. Wow. Five years! That is amazing! HAPPY HATCHDAY TO ALL OF RAMATH!

I've been here for over three years. ^^ That is... bewildering in a way. I'm so glad to have discovered this awesome world we all confide in at times. Its our world away from our own. A place to let our creativity fill us. We've had the privilege to meet friends from places all over the world, as the internet has the habit of.

We all have been through hard times, through good times, and have confided in the words of the creatures of this world. I thank all who have Roleplayed with me and have helped me through these three years. I also wish the best to all of you!

Happy hatchday to all those who are here~ :heart:

*lifts a glass* Let there be many years to come!

HOORAH! XD

:janardan:

18. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Straken Kavor @ Jul 23 2007, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah, I've still got all the data that I worked on, along with teh original sprites created by PirateFerret (and modified by myself), and I still work constantly on musical scores for varous things, including the game.

With some luck, and maybe a jump-start of inspiration, I may very well get this game done someday. ^^ </td></tr></table>
    Sorry if it seemed like I brushed you off before about making more sprites. It was a bit much for me. But I would still really like to keep making them if you ever need more. I still have all my original files and pixel art.

19. I remember coming here SO long ago and how much it has changed, haven't been around lately, but plan to come back soon :)
    I :heart: this place.

:fishie:

20. Wow, five years... Totally awesome. It feels like forever ago I joined here... and it was. XD Belated, but Happy Hatchday, Ramath-Lehi. :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.