Resolved Halp

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Draconan, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since most of you are far better techies than me, I need halp with my problem.

See, yesterday I managed to bugger up my computer with a virus. It's good and squashed, but I still have one lingering problem.

It turned Firefox into a bitch.

Only on firefox do I have the problem where I actually have to click onto another window (such as an art program or instant message) and go back to Firefox so I can click. When I become unable to click, I have to repeat the above process. This only happens on Firefox, hence why I'm using IE right now.

I use my tablet to browse, seeing and my optical mouse died, and I have the same problem with both the pen and mouse.

I've tried reinstalling and restarting firefox numerous times, but nothing works.

Any ideas? :c

2. Yeah - not sure what the virus is doing, but it doesn't sound especially new or advanced.

The first thing you should try is http://www.trendmicro.com/housecallhttp://www.trendmicro.com/housecall</a> this is Trend Micro's free virus scanner. I use it often and it clears a lot of rubbish. I would strongly suggest leaving it to run over night. It takes hours and hours, but well worth it.

After that, I recommend installing AdAware SE (or whichever one is the latest. I've personally found that combining AdAware with Trend Micro means I don't need to scan with AdAware much.

Give it a shot. If you still have the problem, I'll look into it and see if I can't find out what's up.

EDIT: Something else you should check is, on boot up, how many applications are running. On load, there shouldn't be more than 35 applications running - at most. See which one is hogging the CPU, and try ending process trees on things which look suspicious. If you play any online games which have an anti-cheat system, leave applications like PnkBstrA and B alone. They're for security.

3. What kind of tablet do you use?, i know my one was disagreeing with firefox (but i thought i was mozilla being mean) before i reinstalled the driver for it...

But now it works all good n stuff :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.