Forum has been upgraded!

Thread in 'Announcements' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone, and welcome to phpBB! Ramath-lehi has finally made the leap and left the ancient Invision Power Board behind, which, let's face it, was starting to turn into a dinosaur. So I hope you all enjoy this shiny new forum. :D

The only drawback of this conversion is that some of your passwords may not have translated over 100% correctly. When you try to log in with your old password, it may tell you that you need to request a new one. If you are having problems retrieving your password, you may email me for assistance at shriker@shadowlack.com

• New registrations are currently closed.
    • New character creation is currently disabled.
    • HTML in posts is now disabled (however you can still use BBCode).
    • As a result of the above, a lot of posts are broken and messy looking. I'm working on automagically converting them.
    • Posting/replying/viewing permissions may not be correct. If you can't see a board that you think you should, please report the problem.
    • All of your characters are 100% safe. There has been no data loss whatsoever. Characters are all now back online and viewable. :)
    • Admin back-end is also temporarily offline.
    • Yes, still working on the forum layout.
    • The site's content will all be back up in due time.

You are still free of course to roleplay as your current characters. Please be sure to point out any errors if you happen across them. ^_^

2. Wow it looks so nice! And new! and Purrrrrow~ hehe.

Aaaah, okay i see what you mean about the characters having no problems. I was trying to look for my character pages and i was like O.O WHERE ARE THEY?! then i remembered what you posted XD

With these new forums, are we getting rid of that front page deal? Or has all that just not been configured yet? -curious-

3. Okay... So it's safe to assume the dreary light blue and white are only temporary?

Though I did come to a problem, mainly the profile thing. Due to a bug in my comp, it set my date of birth to 1910... I don't think a 99 year old would even be on a computer. My true date of birth is 1992. Is it possible for a mod to change this for me, as it does not allow me to do it myself?

4. @CV
    Yeah, silly characters. Hehe. I'll try to have them back up as soon as I can. I've got a bit of rewriting to do.

As for the front page, I think it's done for. Not many people stayed on it for more than a few seconds. I'm going to relocate the information that was on it to other pages. :)

@Kiba
    Forum skin: Yes, it's temporary. Although the white may stay... and I've changed your birth year for you. ;)

5. Whoo! When I saw that the site was going under upgrades, somehow a shiny new forum didn't quite come to mind. But here we go. Shiny white new forum!

Reminds me that I'd better get some work done m'self. *scurries*

6. nuuuu! not white! it don't match RAMATH_LEHI! *falls over and dies*

(i'm ok with it)

7. I don't mind the white though I do love the black. Then empty dark space of voidyness. And omg!! more shades!!! you shouldn't have. ^.^

Oh and thanks again Jods was really worried that lil symbol though making the name unique was causing no end of trouble. (Not many forums accept it i usernames.) Now I can start the RP I've been wanting to do. :)

8. sweet deal! what board system are we running on?

i can't wait til everything is smooth and dandy! does this mean, for now, the staff discussion area is off?

-thinks... realizes!- shoot, that means all my posts are going to be garbled. sorry Jods! s:

9. a new layout? I wonder what it would look like.

10. Quick question, where's my sig? Do I have to redo or replace it or does it simply need time to come back?<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:50 am --<br /><br />Quick question, where's my sig? Do I have to redo or replace it or does it simply need time to come back?

11. Staff discussion area will be back up. It was just easier for me to hide it completely the other day while I was working with permissions. We're running on phpBB now.

As for signatures, I've removed them all since a lot of people had HTML in them. So yes, you'll have to redo them.

12. i'm trying to add this onto my signature, but i keep getting It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

[​IMG]

13. Agh whiittee. Personally I really loved the dark color scheme, I always browsed when I had a headache cause it was nice on the eyes. Though it would be really cool if we had different skins to choose from. 8D Do you think that could be a possibility in the future?

I'm diggin' the new sleek look, though. The font color thing is so nifty. And I'm gonna miss HTML xDD I'm excited to see everything all done.

14. @teh phylus

What code are you using? I thought it might be from being a .png but I tried it and it worked just fine;
    Code:
    [img]http://www.mabinogiplanet.net/production/handicraft/Handy03.png[/img]

15. oh weird! yeah, it worked then... but i did just copy the code you were using. i thought i was using the same one, but hey, maybe not? anyway, thanks lau-lau! -purr-

16. This is pretty darn late, but waooow. *-* I love the new layout!
    It'll take a bit to get accustomed to all this newness, but it is so lovely. And fast. And the header image thinger is beautiful.

Yay!

17. Haven't been here in forever. But wow. This place is bright. >_>;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.