*ding* Idea.

Thread in 'General Chat' started by Temrin, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was daydreaming the other day while sitting in front of my computer. It was a quick little daydream, but I was surfing the internet on my computer. I clicked a few things then minimized everything to look at my desktop... Lo'n'behold, it was Ramathian themed!

I thought after that, I should ask and see if something like that was possible. I could draw the icons and perhaps have a nifty Ramath collage for a background. I could do all the pictures, but I wouldnÂ’t know where to start on putting it together for it to work on the computer as a desktop theme.

If there were enough people interested in having a Ramathian desktop theme, I would do it. I'll find someone who could put it all together to work as a theme if no-one knows how to. (If someone knows anyone who could do it, let me know. ^^ )

If at all possible, I had some other ideas to include with this.
    • Sounds. (I have seen computer themes that have a song or a start up sound. My brother actually had a bevus and buthead song play at his computers start up and another one play when he shut down.) This may be a tad complicated to include, but I was thinking we could put the Ramathian theme song for start up.
    • Also, on the same topic as sounds, perhaps have someone try to speak Ramathian and say "Welcome" or "goodbye" at startup and shutdown. (Keke, we could hold auditions. ^^)
    • Would people want a screensaver included in this as well? (Will have to put some more thought in how to work that... And what it is to be of. o.O)
    If you have any suggestions for things to add, let me know. :musicnote:

If this does happen, I would need suggestions for the different icons. What kind of pictures should be for what?
    • My Computer
    • My Documents
    • My Network Places
    • Recycle Bin (Full)
      Suggestions:
      -Rapine head(eating a soul? )
    • Recycle Bin (Empty)
      Suggestions:
      -Rapine head (mouth closed)
    Also, if anyone has suggestions for some backgrounds, that'd be greatly appreciated as well. ^^ I was thinking perhaps have some world wide plot scenes, or some scenes of Pendragons in different life styles. ^^

What do you guys think?

~CV

<span style='color:red'>EDIT: Alright guys. I WILL need some help with this. I dont have alot of time from school, homework, Keeping up my duties here on Ramath, Work, keeping in touch with people and having somewhat of a social life, not to mention that i am forbidden to be on the computer on Sundays, which makes my online week a 6 day one. XD

I figured anyways, that having a colbaoration of works would make it more of team work project (for those who would one day like to use this desktop. I know i would!)

We can work out some things those who want to help me can do.

And Before, The start up "Welcome" (Falkyna), If anyone has already, or wants to record themselves saying it, send it my way ^0^

I believe it would be pronounced "Fal-kee-na" Perhaps Jodie can give us some insight? to which sylable is stressed, i dont know. They all sound pretty good. I have to say that i like the stressed sylable sound on 'ky'. But thats just me.

Anymore insight from the people interested? (I have started a few of the icons. I've been trying different methods to get the best look.)</span>

2. weee sounds good ^^ i would use it ^^

3. I'm checking out that program. Seems well enough. We'll have to test it once I've got the icons and such things.

I need suggestions people! Suggestions for the icons. ^^

4. I think a Rapine could make for a Recycle Bin, or just a Rapine mouth. Or maybe how internet symbols often have an earth on them, make it into a Ramath planet instead :p

Well it was a quick download, but the program is a little complicated and old. So I wouldnÂ’t go downloading it just yet, unless you want to play around with it, but it might take a while, IÂ’m sure thereÂ’s a better one out there somewhere.

5. Hehe. I'm already playing around with the program. Seems simple enough to me.

I like that idea. An open rapine mouth, with perhaps a soul like glowy thing signifying that there is something in the recycling. And a closed rapine mouth when there is nothing perhaps? *smiles and ponders*

6. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I would SO love you if you made me one!!! =^_^=

7. I'm personally non-chalant about the idea. Good luck with it though, sounds like others are interested.

8. awww hes being such a orange ^_^ have fun with it, i can't wait to see the ideas :)

*noogies JTCC*

9. ^^ This will be just the thing to complete Dave's Ral geekyness o.~ Great idea Jess, I'd love to help and see it :D

10. I like this idea, and if there's anyway i can help just let me know

For the My Documents icon you could have a scroll or something...

11. Or you could do the whole thing in a um 60's computer style with the images with outrageous colous and squary

12. LOL. Yay for flashing seizure colours. XD

Hehe, pendragons with bell bottom pants and Afros!

Wow. i just woke up and i'm hyped. o.O

13. Personally, I've already tried using the theme as the startup sound.

One problem.
    The time limit is thirty-five seconds.
    The Ramathian Theme is nearly five MINUTES.

Somebody is going to have to do something about that.
    Yeah.

14. I'd be able to edit the song down to any length from any part of it no problem. Well, any one could do it with Windows Movie Maker after some trial and error. And even on top of that I'm sure there are lots of programs made for better sound editing then Movie Maker ;)

15. <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blakgryf @ Jan 11 2007, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Personally, I've already tried using the theme as the startup sound.

One problem.
    The time limit is thirty-five seconds.
    The Ramathian Theme is nearly five MINUTES.

Somebody is going to have to do something about that.
    Yeah. </td></tr></table>
    Yes, i realize this. It was a problem that came up in the original discussion i had with Dumu. Thats why i decided perhaps people would like to have auditions for saying "welcome" Or some such this in Ramathian as a start up. ^^

16. That would be .... 'falkyna'?
    How on earth do you pronounce that?

17. The theme could easily go into GarageBand. So I could help with that. I'm here to help as well. :)

18. -Some updates have been posted on the first Post-

Kwerty/Lautir: Garageband?

If you guys would like, you could perhaps find a couple sections of the RaL Theme song you like and cut it. We'll have maybe a selection of things people could use as a start up sound (if i am able to do that)

~

If any Artists out there would like to make some pictures for a screen saver, we could put together a screensaver of Ramath-lehi related work from the people here. ^^ :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.