Character Marriage

Thread in 'Help Desk' started by Todel, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <span style='color:red'>If a female character gets married, do they take the male's surname the way we do? O.o Or can they choose? Or is it the other way round? Please explain. I'm very confused. ^^;</span>

2. so far i don't believe we have anything firm or set established for that, but maybe in the future we can add it to our culture section.

3. We actually have six marriage ceremonies currently, all made by different people with there own little twist. I can't seem to find all the information at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it depends on which type of ceremony your character goes with.

But it's really just up to you. You can even make up your own ceremony and rules for that kind of thing :]

4. Cool cheers Todel for putting this up. XD Me and SD need to think about this soon. ^,^

5. hah, why didn't i know that Lautir? i wait, i <i>do</i>! haha, yes, in the future we <i>can</i> add it to our culture section, teehee. c: c: c:

but i don't know if that information is readily available to the public yet. but i've briefly looked over that stuff and wasn't able to find an answer to your question. maybe Lautir can.

6. yes...yes you do >_> <_<

xP

Hmm, upon further digging I have found that none of them address the name issue xD (seriously 'name' isn't in the article once!')

Lots of characters in the past have taken the males last name, just because that's what we are used to. But you can be creative with it. Even have the couple come up with a new last name if they want too. It could be part of the ceremony.

7. <span style='color:purple'>This'll be very useful. ^^ cheers.</span>

8. <span style='color:red'>Thanks. ^^</span>

9. Just throwing some stuff in here.

I think generally the family surname that has the most power/prestige would be used when a couple becomes married. Although there really is no set order of things. Given Ramath-lehi's very open nature in regards to gender, either surname could be passed down to potential offspring.

Like Lautir said though, just be creative and do what you want. :P

10. <span style='color:red'>Wootness! XD Thanks for the help. :)</span>

11. i assume combining last names would also be acceptable?

12. But of course. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.