Account Deletion: Phase Two

Thread in 'General Chat' started by shriker, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a follow up on the previous bit o' news. The "inactivity" script is now currently up and running using an automated cronjob. My apologies to the people who may have accidentally gotten two (or more), inactivity warning emails in a row. I was missing one little variable when I made the script live. Trial and error, eh? :)

So everyone who has not posted in over 90 days (three months), should have been sent an inactivity warning.

The script is also going to be running nightly... so, you may or may not get a duplicate inactivity email tonight. Again, because of that missing variable. It'll be all up and working 100% tomorrow. :D

So then what is going to happen? Well, 30 days after that email is sent, another script is going to run and delete inactive accounts and characters. I may wait a little longer until I put that part of the script live, just to give people even more of a chance.

2. And so, the cleansing of the infadels begins...

3. We have needed a cleansing. :o

I was just thinking- since all of these characters are being deleted, might there be a chance that some of the restricted trades be reopened?

4. Yep, that's the general idea. Hopefully it'll give us a better idea as to what our active numbers are. :)

5. ooh goody, I was disappointed at first to see so many fun trades taken

6. That e-mail gave me a serious fright. I figured I was a goner. Stupid other fun things eating up my time to do fun things.

Now that I have washed my heathen stamp away, may the aforementioned cleansing begin.

7. Tasty stuff, I guess I should start posting more as to not be pwned in the face.

8. well work is chewing up most of my time so i hate work so much!!!

9. Woah. o_o; I'm kind of glad I finally remembered to check back here. :\ I should post more often. Stupid school, getting in the way of things.

10. Ahh, so the cleansing has begun. It's a good thing I'm a regular. =^_^=

11. Thunderclaw and Kattius have returned after 5+ months of not being here. Looks like we're making progress

12. I am... um here still. I don't think I got any of those e-mails.... and i been gone for a while.

13. Mm, perhaps it was caught in your spam filter, or your email address was outdated? An email was sent to your Earthlink address on Jan. 28th though.

14. dang im sorry...i still want to be on here. are you going to plull the plug on benji?

15. What about us who are the lonely little lurkers? I guess I should just post every so often. :heart: lol

16. Aw crap well I guess I better start posting more if i wish to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.