| Marei Kynigos|
|Date of Birth:||128 Dyo, 81347|
|Family and Heritage|
|Father:||Tukjap Kymsanglusyj em sha Pakuo|
|Occupation:||Bounty hunter (BHB)|
|Residence:||Onthaios, Boreios Sudesha|
May Penn guide me on this hunt. May Fiddekh grant me victory in battle. May Hysgan Tdutl make sure I don't get the wrong guy. And for the love of Fronna, Gaica, make sure I don't freak the %#$&@ out at the wrong moment again!
- 1.04m/3'5" tall; has the build of someone who's fast, agile and hardy (so, muscular and slim?).
- Small/flat chest. (Did I really need to mention that? >_>)
- Wide cat-like ears; long hair often worn in a single, very long braid; triangular muzzle (at least, that's how I draw it).
- Very long tail - try body length; has a small tail-flame which can be 'lit' and 'extinguished' at will.
- Wings resemble a cross between a bird's wings and the fins of a flying fish. Don't ask me how that works. She's a Fey.
- Has intricate spiral patterns tattooed all over her, except for her face, hands and feet. These tattoos have a rather irritating habit of glowing whenever she uses telekinesis, so she covers them up as much as she can.
- Grey fur with brown hair and yellow eyes and tattoos. Still haven't worked out the colour of the tail-flame yet.
Marei has a somewhat troubled relationship with her family. This isn't out of malice or any serious issues, but more due to the fact that she, her mother and her father all grew up in different cultures. (And because she can be quite abrasive.) Still, she does love her parents, and if they were in danger she'd fight tooth and nail to save them - and possibly beat the ever-living vaak out of whoever's threatening them.
While "friends" would be stretching it, Marei is a member of the Bounty Hunter Brotherhood and has been one for her entire professional life. In particular, after her combat training she was apprenticed to Norsut, a one-eyed Lukuo/Yki hybrid, and the two developed a strong professional relationship; even after his death she has a great deal of respect for him.
Marei hatched in the early Dyo of 81347. Her parents came from two other Kynnyn clans; they'd become part of the Skengilo clan of Boreios Sudesha to escape some rather ugly inter-clan politics.
It probably didn't help that dad was a "mongrel" Kynnyn, half-Azetsum and half-"true" Kynnyn; nor did it help that he'd been saddled with the unfortunate name of "Tukjap Kymsanglusyj em sha Pakuo". ("Sacred Contemplator in the Decay" in Ramathian. Yeah. His parents probably hated him.) Needless to say, he was determined to make sure that his kids didn't suffer through what he had.
So when he and his wife found out that their first hatchling was going to be a girl, they decided to just name her after a flower and have her take her mother's surname. And so, when the little Fey hatched, she was named Marei Kynigos, after the Florni Marei.
Growing up as part of the Skengilo clan was an interesting experience. The clan's hat was that they had a tradition of training Feydragon warriors. It was no secret that the Fey were more fragile than other kinds of Pendragon, and while a number of clans accepted this and chose to embrace their innate magical power, the Skengilo's attitude could be summed up as, "Screw that!" (Well, that was the majority's opinion, anyway.)
Okay, so combat training was optional. But it was part of the clan's culture, and so at a young age Marei took up the sword.
- The origin of Marei's first name is stated above. Her last name is what I got when I typed "hunter" into a Greek-English dictionary. Real creative, I know.
- She was partially inspired by the wiki entry "Code of the Bounty Hunter".
- Years ago she tried Sightless Fighting... and gave up, finding it too difficult.
- She loves puns. ("Mr. Tlod-Keeper? Would you kindly stop tlodding along?")