How in the world did you get here?

Thread in 'Hatchling Central' started by shriker, Aug 27, 2013.

?

How did you find us?

1. Google / Search Engine

11.1%
  2. Recommended by a friend

22.2%
  3. A link on another site

44.4%
  4. RPGfix - rpgfix.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Forum Roleplay - forumroleplay.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Facebook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tumblr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Twitter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. A Shadowlack affiliate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

22.2%
  1. Tell us about how you found Shadowlack. :) I'm always curious to know how people ended up in our corner of the internet.

2. I feel like my own answers to these questions are so old that they're hardly relevant any more :p

shriker likes this.
  3. Lautir They are ALWAYS relevant! :P

4. Well then, VOTED, lol.

It all goes back to Neopets for me, pretty sure it was a link on a help site or some such.

5. Got my vote in as well!

6. I discovered an anomaly while on a routine planar convenience transit. It turned out to be an S-Class criminal who lived out the last of her days in simplicity. In exchange for allowing her to die in freedom, I was given access to the RPG-Gateway, which took me to this place amongst many others.

Oh, hi.

shriker likes this.
  7. I found Shadowlack through Iversia's old posts on Elfwood of all places, back in the day. I saw the art and went looking for what it was based on and... bam! New home.

shriker likes this.
  8. Elfwood of all places? XD Nice. I think that might have been my first online gallery... I don't even think my account there even exists anymore.

9. Waaay back in late 2003, World of Warcraft had been announced (but still wasn't out!) and I was trying to find something similar. And by "similar" I mean something that involved other people. I was still on a dial-up and on an ancient computer, so I looked around for something that required the lowest possible specs... And that's just what I found!

I don't think I actually really got the idea of play-by-post for a while, and I won't lie, I was actually pretty disappointed when I realized that everything was text-based. Still, I loved the community and the freedom, and I've been around ever since - though I've been on hiatus a bunch of times and have stuck to the shadows for the last half-decade.

shriker likes this.
  10. @TheDoodAbides I'm glad you stuck around! :D Shadowlack probably would have been 300x cooler if it weren't just text-based, but I think it still has some charm.

11. It was Neopets for me, back when the site was still called Ramath-Lehi. Fun fact, I actually discovered the site twice: first time was during one of the site's early layouts, when it had the skeleton and bloody skull prominently featured. That was a little intimidating for my then-13-year-old mind. ^^; The second time, the layout was a bit friendlier-looking, so I didn't have as much to be intimidated by.

12. @Nasuella Good old Neopets. :) That skull probably was the most intimidating out of all of the layouts we've had. Not to mention really, really difficult to make it look properly with the right enough contrast on all monitors.

13. Updated this poll so that the answers are more relevant. Feel free to change your answers if something fits better. :)

14. Neopets for me too~ hehe